Decisions

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Decisions

Post by Esmerelda »

A chill wind blew across the castle courtyard and swirled around the base of the tower. Leaning out over the rail, the young Queen shut her eyes and leaned into the gust. Soon the snow would come and it would be too dangerous to walk the towers with the ice. So she fully intended to enjoy what might be one of her last nights up here. Yet unlike her previous visits of late, she felt more at peace up here than worried about the endless thoughts that seemed to be running through her mind.

Now that the coronation was finally over with, Esmerelda seemed much more settled. It was official. There was no leaving now. Now she needed to concentrate on making Haven safe for everyone she'd pledged that too. She was thankful that she had so many willing friends who wanted to help her see that dream come true. Yes, there were those who would threaten her people. Unfortunately there always were. But she'd meant what she said. She wanted Haven to be a place where children could play outside and not be afraid of being eaten by monsters. Where the farmers didn't have to worry about their crops being burned down by raiding armies. A place where perhaps she could raise a family of her own...

In the darkness she blushed, even though there was no one around to see. That was one decision that was settled. And she was happy with her choice. Smiling, she unconsciously toyed with the necklace she wore.

She was looking forward to making the annoucements of appointments that she's decided on. She'd had invaluable advice from several sources that she felt gave her some good insights into some of the townsmembers. She thought they would serve their positions as well as she stove to fill her own.

That just left one more decision to be made. And on that one she was still torn...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Assuming this is after the ordeal with Legion

*Serith slides down the buttress of the roof that he was purched upon as ever watching the surrounding area as he hears the Queen approach. He lands softly as his half-elven grace allows and moves next to the Queen with hands interlocked resting on elbows leans against the banister railing

"Not too many more nights to be able to do this, its nice though, with the Winter coming we know with it will come a new light when the lands thaw..."

*Serith looks to Esmerelda

"I know I told you what I was when I arrived, and who wanted me to "do" certain things, but this letter I recieved from the bastard has struck me to the core. I am afraid I need some time to clear my senses, and since We still do not know what has been happening with the Elven Prince, I seek to gain information about that, I hope to be back soon, but who knows what world of intrigue I will open..."

*Serith says as he hands her a letter that looks as if it was crumpled a couple times.

"I know that this doesnt change anything, but I need for you to hear it from me, that I was never against what Haven stood for...and it shouldnt bother me, but I just dont forgive easily..."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

She takes the note from Serith with a sigh. "More and more notes.."

She reads it over and then gently places a hand on Serith's shoulder.

"I know you were always with us. And I know you have your reasons for the way things played out. I do not blame you for anything."

She folds the note up and hands it back to him. "Do not let his words get to you." She smiles ironiaccly. "A friend told me that other's words only have as much power over you as you deign to give them. Don't let him have that kind of power over you."

Staring out into the cold night she leans over and gives him a quick hug. "I will miss you sorely if you go, but if you feel you must absence yourself for a time, I understand." Under her breath she adds quietly, "at least you said goodbye..."

"I think looking into King Anwar's situation would be most wise. My own research has not turned up much. But-"

She smiles at him mischeviously.

"I fully expect you to be back for my wedding!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

The moment of quiet between the two is disturbed by the sound of grunting and heavy boots on the stairs leading up to the walkway. Serith and Esmerelda see a lone dwarf, dressed in expensive clothes, and a broad smile on his face.

"Evening Queenie, sorry did mean to interrupt anything private. Just wanted to remind you that Korialto is up and running and we'd feel extremely grateful if'n you could stop buy and give it a gander. Nothin' like a royal endorsement to get business flowin'."

Salvatore looks to Serith.

"Hey another pointy ears. You any relation to Slim? He and I go back."

"If there's anything you need remember, we aims ta please."
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Esmerelda and tries to crack a smile, and a pained look crosses over his features

"I wish I didnt know the pain you felt with someone leaving unexpectedly."

*At the mention of wedding he truely shudders

"You know my feelings on that, I can only say I will be there if nothing else to make sure that his family doesnt decide to show up."

*looks on to the dwarf as he makes his speech...

"Wow you are new in town, Ill leave it to the Queen to fill in why I am leaving at your statement..."

*Bows to Esmerelda

"My lady..."

*Does the typical male nod as he passes by the dwarf

"...Stumpy"

*And that he hops down to next level and runs down the stairs back into the castle to pack for what he hopes is a mere scouting mission, but knows could turn out to be a much longer journey.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"