Defensive Matrix

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Defensive Matrix

Post by dier_cire »

Possible modding of defensive matrix to include the ability to reduce damage by 2 if you have a weapon focus. Small impact gamewise, and makes more logical sense. (ie if you can swing two you can do zero and reduce damage by 2)

Makes it so a weapon focus warrior can defend one on one a regular warrior. Though 2 on 1, the regular warriors will still win.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Power

Post by Nelkie »

Since the max base damge a person can do is 2, than i do not see any problem with the suggestion.

Weapon focus means in my opion the warrior knows how to use the weapon very well, both offensily and defensively.

Hey since no one was posting, I had to. :P
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I don't really have a problem with this if you still take 1 as it has been changed to. The thing that I disliked most about Def Mat was that a warrior would never take frontal damage from anyone that was not a warrior before. That is way more powerful than any basic path skill should be whether it's the first or last one doesn't matter really.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

defensive matrix is advanced and it can reduce damage to zero. See GM section under definite rule changes...
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Actually with this change then all frontal damage up to 2 damage would be ignored so yes a weapon focused warrior can ignore all frontal attacks from anyone except another weapon focused warrior.

Not sure if I like this and this is why. As it stands now a non weapon focus warrior has a choice he can swing two or reduce damage by 1 or swing base. So lets say both swing base at first. quickly warrior A realizes he is outmatched so kicks in defensive and calls for help. Now the other warrior kicks in rage and can now at least do 2 damage.

Another scenero is say there is 1 warrior and 4 healers. Currently the warrior can reduce all damage to the front to 0 unless the warrior decided to swing 2.

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Well, we certainly cannot say that only a weapon-focus'd warrior can take them on. A rogue or arcane could easily kill them if they went into the matrix.
Pentaguishine
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

What if we modified Rage?

power up: 15 seconds

effect: +2 crush for the next 3 swings, -1 damage for the rest of your swings, until a 10 second power-down or another 15 second powerup for another rage attack

or something like

power up: 10 seconds

effect: +3 crush on the next swing, -1 damage for the rest of your swings, until a 5 second power-down or another 10 second powerup for another rage attack
Pentaguishine
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

my question is should a weapon focused warrior take frontal damage from a basic warrior if he is full out defensive? Basically, the suggestion makes another defensive tier, compareable to the current offensive ones. Currently, defensively, there is no difference between a basic warrior and a specialized one.

Currently, a weapon focus vs. non, both are basically forced to rage and pummel each other. This si due to the focused comes in swinging 2, so the non focused rages so he can swing 2 as well, then the focused swings 3 to counter the non focused rage. Defensive matrix is pointless. So it all ends with the focused having a few hps left and the non being dead. With the change the focused warrior could opt to defensive matrix and wait for his buddies to assist him.

This change only affects a one on one combat as a semi organized two on one (two non focused vs. one focused), the one will always lose. Now for a four on one, if the one lasts more than five to ten seconds, something went terribly wrong.