Return to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

Tyr cracks the door open and leans against the door frame. He is holding a large book and weariness can be seen in his eyes.

"Good morning" He says with a slight yawn "Braidenvayl is still asleep, I think I might have just enabled him to get a good night's rest. Did you sleep any?"
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

She smiles.

"Not without nightmares. But it was a lot better than normal. How's 'e doin'?"

She takes a step forward and glances at the book in Tyr's hands.

"If ya don' mind my askin', what's that?
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

"It is simply some reading to get my mind off of current events, a story of better times."

He places a ribbon to mark his page then lowers the book into his bag.

"As for Braidenvayl, I am sure he will come to soon. The inn keeper should be starting breakfast soon and I would not expect a small knot on the head to keep him from that"

He lets out a soft chuckle
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

She tilts her head slightly and tries to catch a glimpse of the pages as Tyr shuts the book. She seems lost as she looks at it until he mentions food.

"Yeah, that'll wake 'im up if anythin does. You should get some rest, though."
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

Serena does catch a glance at the page before it is closed, only long enough to realize that it is freshly penned in Tyr's hand

"Time for that will come soon enough, for now I will stay here and keep an eye on him" He motions toward Braidenvayl
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

She furrows her brow in irritation as she catches a glimpse of the page. She glances up at Tyr as he speaks and smiles a bit.

"Right. I can take it from here, if you really want, though."

With that, she drops to the floor in the hallway, facing the door, her dagger resting on her knee.

"Although I'd rather not."
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

"No, I insist, take some time to chew things over and when you are ready we can take things from there."

Tyr grabs his book again and starts back for the room

"Oh and Serena, try to stay safe. Braidenvayl would never forgive me if something happened to you while he was out cold."
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

She glances up at him.

"What am I sposed t' chew over? For that matter, where'm I sposed ta go? I dunno anythin' 'bout this place short of here and the idiot knocked out in that room."
Tyr Murkel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Tyr Murkel »

"The lake is nice in the morning, and there is always something going on at the keep." Tyr stops for a moment "I just think that we all have a lot going on and need to process it all"
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

"I'd actually rather stay close, just in case he needs... anything..."

She shakes her head.

"'Sides, I need time to think."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:the half elf just lie still in the bed tyr had set him in. through the next morning, noon and now the day was just at its end and the sun was just starting to fall onto the horizon. sunlight crept into the room and strangely shone right on the bed where braidenvayl lay.
But then something happened. movement from the bed. the young treasure hunter stirred and as his head turned in his pillow. tyr and Serena heard a painful groan from underneath the covers. braidenvayl rolled over to the edge of the bed and pushed the blankets off of him with an arm, he was still clad in his torn clothes, he tried getting up from the bed and made it to a standing position but was unbalanced on his feet as he fell back on the bed and landed in a sitting position. he ran his hand over his face and through his hair and finally rested it on the back of his neck. it felt as if a dwarf was bashing a hammer against an anvil in his head.
he pinched his shirt looking at the damage and with scoff he tore off the garment and threw it down onto the floor then slumped over resting his elbows on his knees.:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena jumped up and slipped her dagger behind her back. She crept into the room nervously, her stomach flipping and flopping. She entered, trying to make herself as unintimidating as possible.

"Braidenvayl... you ok?"

She took an uncertain step forward.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl wouldn't look at her:

"no, i doubt i will be for a while. :his voice was no longer threatening, but still had somewhat of a rasp to it:

"Serena....I'm sorry. For everything. i never meant to hurt you. but i did. I'm sorry"
:braidenvayl sighs and then looks up at her:

"how long was i out?"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

She shakes her head.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm the one who hurt you, Braidenvayl. I was hurt and scared and lashed out at you. And for that I'm sorry. I'm never going to be much of a leader if I keep on like that..."

She reaches out to tip Braidenvayl's head to look at her.

"Tyr had you out since last night. I was getting worried."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:he slowly looks up as Serena tips his head up, braidenvayl leans his head on Serena's hand, then he stands up, after a few coughs he speaks again:

"well we might not have avenged alrion in avangard. but believe me that shall come. Callahan's irregular's have sworn to hunt down those responsible for his death. so in short we have an entire legion behind us.

:braidenvayl reaches under the bed and pulls out something wrapped in a traveling cloth and handed it to serena:

"but a measure of vengeance has been achieved"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'