Links to Elf ear tips for the Matt of SpringHaven

Post your LARP suppliers here
Zydana
GM

Links to Elf ear tips for the Matt of SpringHaven

Post by Zydana »

I was going to PM you this, but I couldn't find your user name.

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/
They have the latex ear tips much like Tim's. I know they offer them painted in a few skin tones. (you might be able to e-mail them and see if they can offer something in-between if needed). In the last year or so they did start selling some silicone ear tips, but I don't like the way the look or the size for the price they are asking.

http://www.funfx.com/index.aspx
This is where I got my silicone ear tips. They don't make them or sell them any more, but they actually might have a small supply of them somewhere. If you're interested in a pair, I would HIGHLY recommend calling them and ask to speak to Victor (might be spelled Viktor) as he's the man in charge. It might take a bit for him to get back to you.. you might have to call and e-mail a few times as I'm sure he's currently busy with the Halloween season. Anyway, call and ask about them. I know they *HAD* different skin tones way back when. Also, to gauge size, my huge ears were medium.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

PS- Aradani are really nice folks, but make sure you get your orders in as soon as possible. They are crazy busy during the Halloween season (They only have a handful of people and they make all their appliance stuff like ears themselves) and rush shipping is super expensive.

You can also get the ears sans paint and paint them yourself. My ears last game were built over a pair of Aradani ears that I salvaged from a previous costume experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Thanks for the links! I'm guessing a lot of people may find them useful, and not just Matt.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

and here i thought they were just fuzzy white gremlin ears lol
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Do they actually SELL those? :O

Because the ears were a pain in the ass to make. They just aren't something you can "make a pattern" for. I'm lucky the spirit gum kept them on. >_<
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

Check out the fuzzy ears at aradani... don't know if that's what you're looking for tho
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

I got mine at holloween in muskegon on sherman for 3.99 plus tax
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Haku wrote:Check out the fuzzy ears at aradani... don't know if that's what you're looking for tho
Those are new! But I hate having "two sets of ears" when I am LARPing, I'm much happier when I can fit them over my own.
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

I can't sleep in the full ear for some reason and getting them on by yourself sucks. but I bet they last longer
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Local prosthetics...

Post by Torakhan »

Over the Winter we may have someone local who can/will be making prosthetics like elf ears and the likes... no idea about prices yet though.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer