cutting losses

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl cocks an eyebrow and is slightly apprehensive at serith's request:

"sure"

:braidenvayl takes a few steps toward Serena and then continues:

"well it belonged to my fiance, Melisande, it was the engagement ring i had bought for her, :braidenvayl sighed heavily and touched Serena's hand: now its all i have left of her. she was a mage and a damn good one at that so i would guess that would be a start.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Down the road from the village, Esmerelda can be seen heading towards the inn, surrounded by a dozen or so children. She has a girl of 4 or 5 on her hip, her cirlcet precariously balanced on the small girl's head. Several of the children are waving sticks about like swords. One shy looking boy points another stick like a wand and is murmuring under his breath. The sound of childish laughter fills the air and Esmerelda beams at her small friends.

When she notices the felled tree, her air of merriment drops and she holds the little girl to her protectively. Seeing the group gathered outside the inn, she hurries towards them. Sensing the change in her mood, the children snap to attention and start watching the woods warily.

"What happened here? Why was that tree blasted apart by magic? Has there been an attack?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl's heart sank and face went pale when he heard esmerelda ask about the tree, he yelped and quickly threw the necklace back around his neck and shoved under his shirt and spun around to face the woman and her young entourage:

Dah!! what? no, no attack here, I'm fine, we're fine, dallid and Francesco are both.....shiny... :braidenvayl gives a sheepish half grin:

"how are you?"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith steps forward

"Just a simple misunderstanding and a bit of anger release my lady"

*Gives a slight bow with a smile to Esmerelda
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena gave Bradenvayl's fingers a quick squeeze and smiled sadly at him before stepping forward and bowing at Esmerelda and her young group.

"Hello, My Lady. Hello, little ones."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:as Serith and Serena step forward braidenvayl slowly eases behind them and positioned himself so he had Serena in front of him, he still was somewhat holding on to the archers hand.

braidenvayl didn't notice the green light that had started to emanate from underneath his tunic because he was too busy trying to hide himself amongst the gathered crowd mostly out of embarrassment now than anything else:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“There are certainly better - and more responsible - methods for dealing with anger than killing a perfectly healthy tree.”
Appearing a little angry, himself, Dallid turns his gaze on the half-elf. “Braidenvayl! You have a request for Esmerelda?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Rhul appears at the gate to the keep, alert to the sound of raised voices. The large man looks down each direction of the road, and seeing nothing, walks calmly over to the group, one eyebrow cocked questioningly.

"Is everything alright? I was up above, and heard yelling." (he points back to the wooden ramparts that flank the gates)

He looks to Serith.

"I have to admit, watching Morgan fly was interesting. That little man has entirely too much energy", he chuckles.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl turns to dallid and looks as if he was going to make an excuse but then stops, notices the glowing ring and then turns back to dallid:

"your right, i apologize, i will try to be more careful in the future"

:braidenvayl lets go of Serena's hand and walks over to esmerelda, he unfastens the clasp on his necklace letting the ring shine:

" your majesty, this ring belonged to my fiance and our recent journey to the rainbow kingdom has given me hope that she is alive. i now ask for your help in finding her."

:braidenvayl was looking esmerelda in the eyes, something he didn't normally do and then addressed the group as a whole:

"please help me, for this is one treasure that i cannot find alone, and it means more to me than life itself.
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

At the mention of his fiance a pained look crosses Esmerelda's face but she give Braidenvayl a sympathetic smile.

"Of course I will give you what aid I can in finding her. Is this item magical in nature? Perhaps it holds the key to discovering her whereabouts..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl smiles at esmerelda his eyes beginning to well up upon hearing her agreement to aid him, he rubs his eyes with his sleeve and shakes his head to regain his composure:

"it wasn't when i got it, it started to glow about the time i arrived here in haven and on my most recent trip to avangard there were several times it had a faint glimmer, at one point i thought sure i heard her voice. at first i thought i was just tired and hearing things, but now i don't know what to think" :braidenvayl sighs as the frustration becomes apparent:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda puts a hand on Briadenvayl's shoulder in a gesture of friendship. The little girl on her hip throws her arms around Braidenvayl and gives him a hug. She smiles at him and lisps, "don't worry, the wady of the pond will find her! She's our orcle!"

Blushing, Esmereda tries to free Braidenvayl from her small friend's grasp. "Um yes. If you could bear to part with it for a bit, and might see fit to entrust the ring to me for a time, I will see what I can find out about it for you and what link it may have to her."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena cleared her throat and looked sheepishly at Braidenvayl.

"For once, you weren't drunk or crazy. I heard her too. Very clearly, actually..."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl was surprised by the little girls show of affection, but then gratefully reciprocates by wrapping his arms around her small shoulders and squeezes gently, then he steps back and unclasps the fastener on his necklace and hands it to esmerelda:

"okay, i believe it shall be safe with you, thank you so much m'lady. "

:braidenvayl's eyes widened with surprise upon hearing Serena speak up and he quickly turned to face her:

"What?!? you did?!?! When?!?!!"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

The archer stepped back, face aflame as her eyes suddenly found something very interesting in the dirt.

When you gave me the ring to hold on to in Avengard. I heard her say, "Hello Serena". I thought i was imagining it, after everything that had happened. But now, I'm sorry, I should have said something sooner.