Reflections

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Daffyd
New in Town
New in Town

Reflections

Post by Daffyd »

So I was talking about this with Scott and I had a few suggestions to some of the new rules and information:

Advanced Focus Item
This item allows the user to change a packet-driven spell to a directional spell and a directional spell into a triangulated spell.

My thought was to change it so it would read as follows: "This item allows the user to change a packet-driven spell into a "Lash" spell."

Reason
My main reason is the balance issue of some of the packet-driven spells. Some of them become quite over-powered if they sudden can be used like the "Attack of the Elements" spell.

Attack of the Elements
I really think this spell should have the damage increase by 5 points and be made "Lash" instead of a line straight forward.

Reason
One: It would reduce the number of Game Stops.
Two: It would help balance the amount of damage being dealt by a Master Skill that makes the caster useless for 20 minutes.

Basic, Advanced and Master Alchemy Labs/Advanced & Master Focus Items
Right now these items can be bought while doing check-in or created by a Wizard.

I think these items should be added to the list of Exotic items that can be created by a Craftsman. I wouldn't change how long the items last or how much they cost to create.

Reason
There is already a game mechanic and class perfectly designed to bring these items into game. The Exotic items list already has items that enhance the abilities of every other Path, why not simply follow suit.

Creating Items and Upkeep
The removal of upkeep on basic items is a great idea, and the increase in creation cost is another great way to create a 'money sink'. But the process should be extended to Exotic Items as well. Remove the upkeep cost on all Exotic Items and multiply the current creation costs by 2 or 3.

Also I would change Craftsman Level 2 from Upkeep Item to Repair Shattered Item. Have the process take 5 minutes per item or armor location being repaired.

Reason
This will still make Exotic items rare, but won't prevent them from being made due to upkeep.

With the potential increase in the ability for the "Shatter" call to happen this provides a very viable option to not necessarily counter the effect but mitigate the amount the 'Shatter' call can alter the game. Currently if a sword is 'Shattered' it cost 3 Steel and 1 hour of time to repair that one weapon.
A Master Empath can spend 1 LP and Shatter a weapon or a piece of armor that takes a lot to create.

These are just some of my thoughts. Thank you for your time.

Eric Stark
Even though it is infinite, there is never enough time to deal with those that are truly stupid.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

these are all good ideas that are all actually being looked at right now. ESPECIALLY craftman 2 and removal of exotic upkeep.

attack of the elements will likly remain the way it is for the foreseeable future. the spell has been in game, and is one of the few really useful attack spells. also if we get rid of more game stops, the gamestop abilities won;t be as useful.

just sayin.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Also remember that increasing creation costs is not actually a money 'sink' but rather a money 'conversion'. It's only a sink when the item is destroyed. In the case of some exotics, this is highly unlikely and thus will create a problem down the road.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

I think upkeep for exotic items needs to stay. Without upkeep these items would just keep being introduced into the game with nothing taking them out.

I do agree that level 2 craftsman needs a look with upkeep disappearing. I would be cool with them fixing shattered items as long as it also costed 1 steel as well.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I always thought the idea was maybe to change Lvl 2 Craftsman to "Upkeep Exotic items" (because of no basic item upkeep anymore), because ironically, the skill never existed before. Essentially, either anyone (or noone) could upkeep them after their creation.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Point of fact, the skill did exist before and was utilized fairly well for a good length of time before you started playing CJ. After a while, players got lax and decided (I assume) that it would just be easiest to take care of it themselves (if at all). Probably because the craftsmen themselves were not using the skill to make money off of it, which we envisioned them doing to make something from all of the time they spend crafting things, we got lax as well and did not enforce it.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That... or more correctly Nelkie took care of all of that and the rest of us didn't want to deal with it. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.