Detect Lie/tell truth

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm not picking on you, Chris, and I think you have gotten over this bump here, but this:
GM_Chris wrote:Want to know if any PC is going to enguage in PvP heck line everyne up at game on seer them and ask "You promise to never kill a PC eitehr directly or indirectly" This way if he/ she does they cheated and are kicked out of the game. There no more PvP possible.
Is kind of a silly slope.

You can't use probe-mind/interrogate to predict what a person will do (or force them to do it), only what their intentions are and what they know AT THAT MOMENT.

The problem with you example is that you COULD ask someone that, and they could say "yes" at the time, actually meaning it, but that doesn't hold them to it (or mean they were cheating if they do it later). How many times have people have you known broken a promise? What YOU are listing here is something more like implant suggestion.

I don't see interrogate/probe mind as being useful for emotional-based questions, since even a yes or no can be too vague or limiting. They are really only useful skills when asking very specific things.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Mike and I spoke I wont say anything more on the topic. I am very very happy that the players love these type of skills. It is the same reason people like cleanse potion in the game and as a business man I am very happy to deliver customer service.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

My only thing to say here is that people get away with crap all the time in this game and there is a mechanical way around every one of the interrogation type skills so obviously the skills aren't that bad.

Or maybe we should all just take Chris's "good" guy approach and kill anyone we think may have been involved in misdeeds. :lol: I'm sure that will cause more roleplay. :roll:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Atrum Draconus wrote: Or maybe we should all just take Chris's "good" guy approach and kill anyone we think may have been involved in misdeeds. :lol: I'm sure that will cause more roleplay. :roll:
I'm down with that.
GM_Chris wrote:Mike and I spoke I wont say anything more on the topic.
Also, therein lies the danger of private communication, I have no idea what people's current thoughts are. :lol: