Traps

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

I don't know how the FH peeps define charging. But from my experience no it does not. You can reach around and not actually touch someone. Conversely, you can be fighting legitimately and accidentally touch someone...
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Basketball.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We could always go to NERO rules. You can't be within something like 3 ft of someone. Granted, I don't really like that style as it promotes people using big silly two handed weapons. Though it does completely remove the ability to wrap.
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Or say no wrapping

But maybe some kind of rule like that would promote safer combat, I am open

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

Aaron,

You've gotta teach me your 'swoop-n-stab' technique. I don't know how to deliver a backstab from the from without blowing a hero point. I tend to get hit or try to block in those situations. The only time I have gotten off a backstab or stunstrike ingame were when the NPC was fighting someone else, leaving their entire back wide open. True thief style.
Lost my train of thought.....
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Tonia,
That would create the "you were in fronnt of me when you backstabbed me" "no I wasn't" argument , it's much simpler to say if you take a backstab in the back then you take the damage. If someone is "wrapping" then they have to reach around you, HIT THEM! It's not that hard really. and as far as the increased danger, wrapping at all puts you in that position but to rule out wrapping you need to rule out shield since that and ankle biting are the only ways to consistently get around a shield.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Eric is very correct in that without wrapping, shields (especially the horrifically large ones) are alomst impossible to fight without crush, which puts an over empahsis on that skill, making it more gross than it already is. Also true is the if someone tries to wrap for a backstab all you have to do is hit them, it isn't that hard.

And yeah the you were in front situation would definitely happen, heck I saw it happen at the one CARPS event I attended.

Also the issue of excluding wrapping is that it doesn't solve the "drive-by" backstab, which is what I think you don't like.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Nelkie

Post by Nelkie »

I have to agree with both Eric's. You can not stand in front of someone, side step, and wrap around to do a backstab with out lossing a backstab charge. Ever since the rule came into effect that you lose a charged attack if you get hit, the wrap around backstab does not exist. Please let me know if some one can do a wrap around back stab still, if they can, please teach me.

So I do not see wrap around backstab as an issue.

The only way to backstab in combat right now is to run up or sneak behind a person and hit them.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Yep, made the same comment in the shield discusion. The problem is that people are still trying to do it.
Charging is different issue, and Chris's Basketball example rings true to me.

~fin~