to calm a troubled mind.

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

to calm a troubled mind.

Post by Rothek »

the night air harbored a chill and the occasional wind gust could make even the hardiest of creatures shiver. clouds blocked the moon light cloaking the land in shadows save for the flicker of the occasional lantern in the town of haven and near the castle of Gravesbane, but then off in the distance there was another light, a campfire. the fire illuminated the area around just enough to show the appearance of a figure sitting on a fallen log that had been obviously placed so one could be close to the fire pit. Upon further inspection the figure that sat at the campsite was not at all uncommon to haven and when he brought a hand up to pull back the hood of the cloak, the weathered and scarred face of ulfgar silverbrow was revealed.

he had been sitting at this campsite for most of the night now. eating some from his personal rations, drinking from a shadowed bottle with "emergency supply Mk II" scrawled across it and now sat smoking a pipe. each draw was accompanied by a drawn out sigh as the smoke escaped from in between his lips and curled in on itself before dissipating into the breeze. ulfgar just sat there staring at the fire, watching as the burning logs cracked and hissed. ulfgar closed his eyes and let out another troubled sigh as he tilted his head toward the starless sky as if searching for something that wasn't there. after a while he brought his head back down and was once again staring into the fire that was starting to diminish, another unseasonably cold gust of wind rushed by him and rustled the trees and made the fire flicker again, however this did nothing to stir the dwarf as he just took in another draw from his pipe.

and let it out with another sigh.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

A fully blacked out Cloak and rain hood, seem to materializes out of shadowy nothingness to stand at Ulfgars side without a trace or noise.

In a low rough voice the figure says,"A bit windy for a night out by the campfire dont ya think?"

"Is everything, Ok? I dont mean to pry but it seems so lonely out here on your own like this. Is something on your mind?",Leo reachs up and draws his hood back revealing his weathered face and a comforting glance.
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar doesn't face leo, he just lets out a thin line of smoke and speaks with the pipe in between his teeth:

"ah lived under a mountain fer 45 years, the wind and cold don't bother meh none"

:ulfgar cocked a glance at Leo with his unpatched eye:

"there are many things on my mind,: ulfgar turns back to the fire and draws again: "some weigh heavier than others" :letting the smoke escape in between words: "although the pipe weed helps, yeh may stay if yeh wish"
Rothek HowlingFang
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

Leo turns into his deep coat pockets and pulls out a small paper folded bag and dumps a bit of clove into his hands.

"Eh, I prefer this, it tastes better on the mouth but makes ya awful thirsty."

"I hate to cold, I can stand it but I dont like it. Makes me feel alone again..."

he extends his clove filled hands as if to give Ulfgar some to try.

"It mightent be as potient but tastes great with a fine mead."

He moves to sit down then realises its alot easier with his swords off his back. After pulling them off he sets them against the logs, the ivory cream color of the shieth turns peach by the light of the fire.

"I get the feeling you and I are more alike creatures then we even realize. What brought you here?"
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar pulls his pipe from his teeth and dumps the burned remnants into the fire and then holds his pipe under Leo's hand:

"i'll 'ave a go then, :ulfgar runs a hand down his beard and pulls out the shadowed bottle: "thirsty? thats why ah got this" :hands the bottle to Leo:

"well, meh kinsmen braiden and i, traveled to far reach but were caught up along with most of the residents of haven in a dream world known as "the dreaming", after we escaped that horrid place of existence, ah fought in the battle to retake their home against the elves :ulfgar cracks a slight smile:
guess ah scared those pointy-eared enough teh make them give me a nick-name,The fear of silvandar."

:ulfgars smile was wiped from his face as he adjusts his eye patch,
now with a bitter tone:
"funny how much can change in a year"
Rothek HowlingFang
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

Leo dumps the clove into ulfgars pipe,"Thanks, I'm always thirsty. Forever will I be thirsty until the day I die, I've been greed and selfishness before, therefor I will remain a hungry thirsty elf for thedays of my life."

He uncorks the bottle and grabs a swig.

"Where is Braiden now?..."
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar lights his pipe and takes a draw before answering:

"he's dead, :ulfgar exhales: and from what ah hear most of avangard, save for a few people, want me that way as well, but ah've grown some what attached teh breathing so ah think I'll stay in haven for a while.

:ulfgar takes another draw and nods in approval to the cloves:

"this does taste ferr Braw, thank yeh, so how did you and
Altearez meet up?"
Rothek HowlingFang