Party on Saturday...

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Party on Saturday...

Post by Sunny »

Start Time: Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 6:00pm
End Time: Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 1:00am
Location: Stark's Place (because he is awesome, has more room, and less chance of cops showing up!)
Street: 1995 Lilac St. Muskegon, Mi. 49442

You are VERY much invited to celebrate me getting old. I can no longer be trusted. On the bright side... there will be grilling and booz!

Grilling starts at 6pm. I am poor, so please bring something to pass... and whatever you'd like to grill. I will have chips and such for snacks.

Please pick your poison and bring it along. Pop and other mixers will be provided, but the booz is up to you. ^_^

We'll be making s'mores and sitting 'round the bon fire later in the evening, so if you have a lawn chair, you might wanna bring it.

Since the next day is Mother's Day, we won't be up till dawn. Our mom's deserve us to be sober enough to be coherent. *wink* But, it should be a good time and I hope everyone can make it. Feel free to grab others and drag them along, the more the merrier!

Thanks in advance for making this a good one... I usually HATE my birthday. (which is actually on the 13th)

IF you would like to participate in the scavenger hunt, which DOES have real prizes, message me. I will be giving out the lists on Friday and you will have 24 hours to complete as much as you can. Rules will be included in the hunt documentation. (yes, bonus points if someone goes to jail)

SCAVENGER HUNT RULES:

The object of the game is to find as many of the items on the list as you can within the 24 hours.Players may work alone of as part of a team. HOWEVER – it will be up to the team to divide any prizes should they win.

Prizes will be given for the following conditions:
1. The first person (team) to arrive (after 6pm) to the party with a fully completed list. (or closest to)
2. Best (Funniest? Epic? Most dangerous? Most compromising? Cutest {remember I AM a girl!}?) interpretations of the items on the list.
3. Best presentation (Video? Musical rendition? Poster presentation board with foot notes? Notarized endorsement {Obama, anyone?}?) of your validation evidence.

*** notice that with numbers 2 and 3, your list doesn’t have to be fully complete to count toward a prize. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX! Epic and awesome count!

***Items can be bought, found, or manipulated. (please try not to break the law and steal… if you are in jail during the party, you can’t turn in your sheet.)

All items must be found by the team or its members. NO outside help is permissible. (you may not call your Aunt in White Hall for help, nor spam Facebook or other net services.)

Photographic, or video, evidence with at least one present member of the team MUST be included with each item. (if someone is in the pic, but not at the party, that item will not count toward your total)

Being original and awesome is more valuable than being exacting. Most of the items on this list are purposely abstract. Take that as you will.

*** Don’t ‘cheese’ the rules, but by all means stretch them until they scream. The idea is to have FUN!

The following is an example of how you could chose to interpret an item on the list: ‘Someone running for office.’

You could chose to:
- take a pic with Taki
- take a pic of someone running toward an office building
- take a pic of someone running with a copy of ‘The Office’ in their hand being chased by angry bees. (bees hate The Office)

If you have any questions please call or message me!!

UPDATE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN:

A babysitter, who is 15 and very well recommended, will be available right across the street. Keep that in mind when making plans. ^_^

1. Speaking of bees… a RED bumblebee with GREEN wings
2. A speed limit sign that DOES NOT end in ‘5’ or ‘0’
3. Thirty diamonds in a row
4. THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING EVER!
5. Something that will make Christen go, “Awwww”
6. An unconventional architecture
7. Find a creature NOT indigenous to the US.
8. THE strangest street sign EVER.
9. 99 red balloons
10. Something that is lime green, slate blue, and hunter orange.
11. Something older than Christen!
12. The MOST people… in the SMALLEST space
13. A Rube Goldberg Machine. (google it)
14. A four way road intersection that has four DIFFERENT roads leading to it
15. A thing that stirs her Irish heart, to know her well is just a part. Find a place of beauty wrought, and there release what’s not to be caught
16. The BEST scene from Labyrinth
17. Death to spiders!
18. OMG it’s so fuzzy!!!
19. Those mattresses… they’re not JUST for sleeping
20. Isn’t that person famous for something?
21. Proof of Alien life
22. G.I.R.
23. People dressed up funny… that ARE NOT LARPING
24. Queens!
25. A copy of Madden ‘07
26. ‘Violator’ by Depeche Mode
27. A magenta button
28. A sticky hand
29. Temporary tattoos… where they shouldn’t be (and NO swimsuit body parts)
30. A weeble (‘weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down!’)
31. Christen wants a My Little Pony, damnit!(bonus points if you actually bring me one)
32. BABIES!!!!
33. Ugly babies
34. Giant ugly babies
35. Giant, Foreign, Ugly babies…
36. This time with feeling…
37. A yellow bra that has a cup size bigger than DDD
38. A very naughty item
39. An 80’s cell phone
40. Master Chips
41. Zmobies
42. The meaning of life, the universe, and everything…
43. An extremely gothic styled church
44. Lawn furniture where it just shouldn’t be
45. The only thing better than lawn gnomes… is STOLEN lawn gnomes! (please don’t steal!)
46. It’s on FIRE!
47. The crappiest vehicle that still, miraculously runs
48. Nate
49. A Dagwood Sandwich
50. Sea Monkeys!
Last edited by Sunny on Fri May 07, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Party on Saturday...

Post by dier_cire »

Vaun wrote:{remember I AM a girl!}
pics or it's a lie... :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Zydana
GM

Re: Party on Saturday...

Post by Zydana »

Vaun wrote:Players may work alone...

...Photographic, or video, evidence with at least one present member of the team MUST be included with each item.
Can we get bonus points for doing both of the above? I mean, I might have to trust a complete stranger with my camera to take a picture and not take the camera. Also.. if I have a stranger take a picture are they considered part of my team or are they outside help and therefore against the rules for getting that outside help?

Just curious.

I'm sure the correct answer here is, Be Creative!
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

You may have someone outside your team help with the documentation, just not the actual ideas and such. So, someone else holding your camera is just peachy. ^_^
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Don't panic, everyone. I've already won.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

REMEMBER: Only 2 person teams!!!!

A notice on the prizes: we have them... and they are amazing. Each is between $20-$25 in value (per person)... things we believe you will want and love. So, work hard on the Hunt so you can win!
Last edited by Sunny on Thu May 06, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

I know, I'm awesome enough for twelve. Does that mean I'm disqualified?
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

When will we get the list? I'm totaly geekin out over here in IL. I'll have to do it solo because Lindsay won't be at the party at 6
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

The lists will go out, and be posted... at 6pm tomorrow. That gives everyone 24 hours to get as much done as they can. ^_^

The prizes will be announced at 11pm on Saturday. So, as long as she's there by then, she can count as part of your team. She just can't collect a prize for winning (if you win) if she's not there by 11pm. (if someone has to leave early, we'll make an exception)
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

okay, maybe I'm retarded.

I thought the list would be posted here publicly..

Did I have to send in a PM?
Daffyd
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Daffyd »

Zydana wrote:okay, maybe I'm retarded.

I thought the list would be posted here publicly..

Did I have to send in a PM?
It has been added to the Original Post in this thread.
Even though it is infinite, there is never enough time to deal with those that are truly stupid.