Traps

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Traps

Post by Nelkie »

Ok here is a fun question.

A thief traps a large chest with some type of lash trap. The chest requires two people to move. Some thiefs break in and grab the entire chest and take it off to their cave.

The question is will the trap go off when they move the chest? Will the trap go off when the lid is open, the way it was designed?

What this leads to is very obivious portable (2 person) lash traps that would require a certain action to activate them. A lever on the box.

Worst case is a thief creates a couple of these chest traps with out side levers attached to ropes that will activate the lash trap from a distance.
Down fall, you have to have a large chest and two people to move it.

Is there any problem with this?
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

well me no like...but I like traps to have a phys rep like a beeping device and if you move the chest and you hear a beep then you die. Better yet you can hook up the big lever but if it doesnt make the beeper go off then it doesnt work.

Basically you need to phys rep it a bit better than an index card. :)

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Chris

Post by Nelkie »

Sounds fair to me.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

That isnt a ruling that is an opinion.

:)

Chris
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Aren't your opinions rules? :D
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Re: re

Post by Curufin »

GM_Chris wrote:well me no like...but I like traps to have a phys rep like a beeping device and if you move the chest and you hear a beep then you die. Better yet you can hook up the big lever but if it doesnt make the beeper go off then it doesnt work.Chris
Mouse traps work very well too, they could be rigged to the lid or any part of the chest/door/whatever, plus if the chest is moved (and not moved with the utmost care) it will go off.
Lost my train of thought.....
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Aaron is asking because he wants a hand gernade midevil style.

I think hand gernades are cheez

Chris
Chris
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

No...he is asking so he can make traps that he can then place around the Orc cabin and detonate from a distance. Seems he has a secret desire to be a navy SEAL and collapse our building on us....Bad Arthos!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You people never saw or heard of Blackthorn's Forge did you? :D Aaron is just utterly and completely paranoid. That thing had more traps and secret holes in it than anything (well the bird cave came close in that the one trap was almost full proof) Then there was the inn that could keep out intruders for hours...

This is why there is a rule of three.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Hee

Post by Nelkie »

Nelkie *Laughing out loud and falling out his chair*

I have a way of pushing the limits. I do have a tendious to go over board with traps trying to make the most secure building possible. The old Blackthorn Forge was a work of art. Every time the NPC's found a way to get around my traps, I added more so they couldn't do it. Eventually it got so silly, they distroyed the town and moved to a new location. Can prevent that.

HHmm, rigging the traps to bring down the orc's house, not a bad idea.... Nay, it would take to much time and I would be caught, got to think of something else, need to go back to seal school. :D

The movable lash trap would be great in mass battles when there is very little time to get traps setup. Place a couple trapped chest in the path of the armry, denotate, and there goes a large section of the army. Town defense with explosives. Now that is my idea of fun....
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Hmm yes Aaron wants to be a combat theif. Bad Aaron Bad aaron.

Theif ='s damage by surprising opponent not but placing mines or leaping past them in battle so you can touch their back.

I am almost considering a surprise call..please do not make me consider a surprise call.

Chris
Chris
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I like the surprise call.
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I hate the surprise call.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Chris

Post by Nelkie »

Chris,

You where the one who showed me how to hit people in back to do a back stab.

If I do a run by and hit you in your back are you not suprised. It is not an easy thing to do becasue if I get hit as I run pst you I will lose the charged back stab and take damage. I'm I the only one who does it, or does other thiefs do it. By the way what is a surprise call?

I see back stab a mixture of surprise and hitting those vulnerable organs in the back.

If back stab can only be used in surprise, than what is surprise. I personaly would use a nerve pinch if I'm going to do a surprise attack.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

As I stated before you cannot jump past a person to try and land a back hit. In the battle with me you hit me in the back when you jumped past..but I didnt count it :)

If I have done the same thing then I ned hit with a wet noodle

Chris
Chris