The joys of Beaurocracy

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks over at Rhul*

If you are busy Rhul I could write it up for you as well being that I can read and write.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi pauses and catches his breath. He rests his hammer on his shoulder and chuckles at the comment

"Nah, this one was mostly broke when I started. I just helped it along the way a bit."

He wipes a bit of sweat off of his brow, his ungloved hand steaming slightly in the chilly afternoon.

"I do appreciate the compliment, though. And feel free to spread that around."

He looks towards the remains of the rubble and nods his head contentedly. He looks back at Dallid and grins

"That's one rumor I wouldn't mind hearing around!"
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Perhaps such can be more than merely rumor. No doubt the future holds more barricades in need of swift breaching. Given the power demonstrated here, you could be of great aid in such endeavors. “
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi hesitates for a moment, his smile faltering slightly

"Well, it might be possible if..."

He absently hangs his hammer on a hook on his belt as he mutters to himself inaudibly. After a second, he snaps back to reality and looks to Dallid

"You know, you might be on to something. It certainly would've helped in the battle to retake Haven. I'll have to look into it."

He cups his hands and breathes into them and nods

"I'm going to head inside. I've got some drafting to do to get this tower back up anytime soon, but you've definately given me something to think about. Let me know if you need anything, I'll help out if I can."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

The doorway to Val and Korrigan's room clanks open again, and the surly dwarf reemerges with a small sack and wearing his new armor and gold mask. He clasps the heavy steel bottle to his belt and throws a blanket around his body.

With a determined stride he walks back over to Korrigan and pokes him in the side. "Hey, I'm going on a journey back to Caledonia. I'll return soon, so don't get too comfortable thinkin' you're rid of me yet." He smiles at the big man and slaps him on the shoulder as he hefts the sack onto his shoulder and heads off.

Passing through the courtyard he nods to Malachi and Dallid in passing, and looking back at the castle a moment.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan smiles back at Val and produces a bottle from his pack. Handing it to the dwarf, the barkeep laughs as he speaks.*

"You're damn straight you'll be back soon, I haven't had my fill of kickin' you around yet! Take this for the road and get back safely."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid smiles back at Malachi.

“Your dedication is admirable. Haven is fortunate to have such as you to see her forward.”

The smile vanishes as he sees Val emerge from the Keep equipped for extended travel. He sighs in resignation.

“You have decided to leave us, then.”
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Val pushes his mask up as he happily slips the bottle Korrigan gave him into his sack. He glances at Dallid as he speaks smiling at the healer with genuine warmth. "It's alright. I'm not abandoning you all just because of some heated words. If anything the arguments have made me realize I haven't seen my kin and Homeland in over five decades. The battle is won, but the loneliness persists deep within. Now, I'm scared to say that no one I have talked to even knows the state of the Homelands these days. Not even the other dwarves. I feel like I failed my people all over again when I chose to honor your people and refuse Malachi's deal to turn back time saving their lives from the Cataclysm. I want to see what's left, and maybe find out what happened to me before the dreaming. I want to see if any lore keepers survived who can retell me the tale. Then after I have tasted the nectar of the Stoutbrewer clan once again... I shall return."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid’s brow rises in surprise at Val’s explaination.

“May your journey grant truth and peace, and return you to this land fulfilled. So there is indeed something in Haven you hold dear…”

He leans forward and speaks softly in a mock-conspiritial tone.

“What’s her name?”
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

"Twins." Val whispers back with a wink that could be joking. Or, is it?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul nods to Altearez and Aurora*

Sure, I can write someting up. I;m not particularly busy right now, and I've actually already been mulling a sort of charter or oath that the guards can take and sign upon induction. Something that can demonstrate formally what they are expected to uphold while a member of the Guard, while at the same time giving the town something they can hold the guards to if they decide to fall to a wayward path.

*He waves friendily to Val as he passes out of the keep*

Safe travels, Val. Tell the dwarves we are still thinking of them, even now that we are in Haven. If I weren;t settling in here, I would offer to accompany you; Caledonia was the first place to welcome me as a real person after I left the Sanctuary, and I think there will always be a piece of me there.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Val nods to Rhul as he departs for the portal.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

Leo barely misses Val on his way through the door.

"Whop, sorry, didn't see you sir."

He continues in over to Ulfgar with an ok sized bottle of Mead from his hometown.

"I've been out in the weather for a good while, If you dont mind taking me place by the gate I'd be much oblidged to part with this bottle of tasty Elven mead."

He motions over to altearez with his head cocked.

"Plus Its been much to chaotic for me to catch up with this raudy Elf."
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤