A Chilly Night

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

A Chilly Night

Post by Malachi »

Malachi wanders up the road towards the well-used pit. It is unlit tonight. Everyone, it seems, prefers the warmth that walls can provide. He, however, appears more at home outside. He gathers some wood from the pile and stacks it in the pit, and pats his pouch for flint and steel. After a moment of searching he gives up and looks to either side before reaching a hand down to the bottom of the stack. With a snap the wood catches fire. It turns to a normal color almost instantly, but those paying attention in the night noticed the initial flash of blue that accompanied the sound.

Contented, he sits on the ground near it and stares into the flames.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

It seems you've learned a new trick.

Ingram steps into the growing light of the fire and takes a seat on the cold earth. He removes his gloves before extending his hands toward the flames, rubbing the warmth into them.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

His eyes remain on the fire

"I think 'learned' is too strong of a word. 'Discovered' is closer to the truth."

He raises his hand, and a blackish-purple energy begins rolling between his fingers. His gaze moves to watch it, and he appears entranced by it. Seconds later it flashes to a forest green. He holds his hand over the ground in front of him and the energy flows into the ground. Almost instantaneously a vine sprouts out and grows larger by the second. It coils and reaches up towards his outstretched hand and a shadow appears, it's true appearance blocked from sight by the now relatively large vine growth. He reaches down and plucks the shadow from the vine, which twists and slithers back into the ground. He holds his hand towards Ingram

"Grape?"
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo approaches the fire with a bottle in his hand. He sits down by the fire with the others and takes a drink.

"Oh Malachi, I'm glad i found you, Brey and I were practicing earlier and he beat the crap out of my armor. Ya mind fixin it?"
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He pops a grape into his mouth and looks towards Christo

"Don't you remember? You were there, in the Dreaming, when I lost that ability. Unfortunatly I cannot help you."

He grins slightly

"Save for telling you not to get hit anymore."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Theon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Theon »

Theon walks toward the fire with a wobble in his step and sits at the fire with the others and says.

"Speaking of that, has anyone seen Orien?"
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

There was the sound of light hearted and lilting singing. From out of the forest was seen the dark hair of Orien, a tiny dragon looking creature perching on her shoulder, chirping along with her song. She smiled warmly and gave the folks at the fire a wink.

“Paradox says that he heard someone say my name. Who’s looking for a healer?”
Theon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Theon »

Theon looks up at Orien and the small ugly bird on her shoulder and stands.

"Not a healer, something completely different. May we talk in private?"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

"Anything you have to say may be said in current company."

Malachi offers grapes to all those present
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Theon
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Theon »

Theon looks at Malichi and winks.

"Enjoy your grapes my friend."

As he leads Orien away.
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien beamed and reached up to scratch Paradox behind the 'ear'. She turned her bright eyes upon Theon.

"You need me? Really?" An innocent smile perched upon her lips. "Lead the way, good sir!"