New Changes/Adjustments

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Mogra The Worldly
New in Town
New in Town

New Changes/Adjustments

Post by Mogra The Worldly »

Ok I like the new politcal system, but i do have some quesions.

Mogra is saga and saga say cannot Mimic in-between event skills. It aslo say Mimiced skill ends at end of event.

What about magic upkeep?
To my knowledge Upkeep is a end of, but still in, game thing.

And from the political system.

when buying commodities, it implies that someone of a certain path is needed to buy it, but can two people work together to buy them?

(Example Rogue and Human Warrior Chieftain-2 Craftsmen-4 go to buy brewed liquids together, because Human Warrior wants the Brewed liquids to make things. He will pay for it, but he is not a rogue so cannot get them himself. Can he get them at his cost with the rogues assistance?)
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The corresponding path part of the commodities is there because that commodity is used generally to create items that augment skills from that path. It does not mean you need to be of that path in order to purchase them
Mogra The Worldly
New in Town
New in Town

that is awesome thank you!!!

what about my other question

What about magic upkeep?
To my knowledge Upkeep is a end of, but still in, game thing?
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Mogra The Worldly wrote: What about magic upkeep?
I get why you can't use a mimic'd between games skill at game-on or game-off, like Bureaucrat or Wilderness Survival.

But this is a good question, because I would consider you still able to do upkeep it as long as game-off hadn't been called yet, however...

Expounding on that, theoretically, could you upkeep armour/weapons/items/yourself for the next time (only one ahead) anytime during the event, with the understanding that once you did it, those resources are gone? Do people just upkeep at the end out of habit, or is it a hard rule?

On the other hand, I suppose doing it at the end means things are in people's hands at that point, and everyone KNOWS what's been upkept and what hasn't (although we usually note that on the tag anyway, right)? If THAT makes any sense.
Mogra The Worldly
New in Town
New in Town

Other question please.

What about magic upkeep?
So can it be Mimiced?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

to my knowlage, charging a magic items takes place between games, and using magic upkeep to upkeep an item is done during the event.

I would think you can do the last one, bit since charging a magic item(the most common kind) is between events, you would not be able to do that.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The better question is what skill(s) are you looking to mimic and we will tell you yes or no to each of them regardless if it happens in game or not in game as that is really not the question
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Then what is the question? Besides Wilderness Survival, Arcane, Alchemy, and skills specifically used in between events (which on some level I personally disagree with, BUT see the reasoning behind, my 1/2 cent), what other skills can't be mimiced?
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

I think the question is, can he mimic magic upkeep?
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I don't have a problem with it
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok yeah that works
Chris
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

i think the question there.. is that in the rulebook it states that Alchemists and Arcane can only break down Mystic into Magic Components in-between events.. But for Empath "Upkeep Magic Items" it does not state that the trading of Mystic for Magic Components is an in-between event thing.

Over at Wh I believe we made a general call that it needs to be done in-between events like Alchemists and Arcane to keep them all in-line..

Unless of course the idea was for Empaths to be able to do it instantly? If so I would strongly suggest it go to in-between event.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I thought the empath broke mystic down into magic upkeep not components, which not only has a different conversion ratio but is used for upkeep and components are used for spells, potions and item creation. Don't worry, many people have been confused by this too, I still have to check the book to see which one is 1-4 and which one is 1-2.
Last edited by Atrum Draconus on Thu May 07, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Atrum Draconus wrote:I thought the empath broke mystic down into magic upkeep not components, which not only has a different conversion ratio but is used for upkeep and components are used for spells, potions and item creation.
Agrees with Erik for that's what I thought too.
Last edited by Aurora on Thu May 07, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yes that is why I was confused by the question
Chris