Of Archers and Augments

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

I understand where everyone is coming from, but this is a case (the only case, as far as I know) of a stackable charged skill (not stackable like Touch of Death, but stackable with itself) in the game.

I personally think it's fair to do "3 Vorpal" with a bow phys-rep and a 6-second count. In roughly the same amount of time, a rogue can do 6 damage in two swings, with the same sage buff. And it's way easier to swing a sword twice than pull an arrow, fit the arrow, draw the bow, aim, and fire.

Just my two cents.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

If this gets changed it wont be till the off-season, so no one get too excited.

In the mean time, the ruling is this..

When using True Shot with a Sage Buff, the reduction takes place only once (taking 2 seconds off) as it is a single skill, regardless of wether it is used for the +1 or +2.

When using Critical Shot with a Sage Buff, the reduction takes place only once (taking 5 seconds off) as it is a single skill, regardless of wether or not it is used in conjunction with True Shot or not as it only applies to one skill, not both.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

That second part isn't consistent with the first part. Would it work the same way with Assasin TOD? Can you only affect one of the charges not both as the skill is written?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I would say with Assassin TOD.. the sage buff would apply to the 30 seconds that TOD adds to the overall count.. So they could take 5 seconds off the total count (If they had a time Augment on TOD).. It would all depend on what they were charging and what skill they had an Augment on.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Correct.

Now if for some weird reason someone was able to have two(2) Sage buffs active at one time..
And I know of no one who does, nor a reason they would, but if..
They could reduce the True Shot by 2 seconds, then reduce the Crit Shot by 5 seconds taking a total of 7 seconds off.

But otherwise the Sage Buff only affects ONE skill. Pick that ONE skill and apply the reduction ONE time, regardless of Combos.