Holland Area LARP SERIOUSLY PPL!

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Holland Area LARP SERIOUSLY PPL!

Post by Dragua »

Ok, no one else did this, so it's going to be in our area. We could even have a technically private area with woods and open area, a fenced off baseball field as well. It's at my Township Hall. We're semi-boondocks, but not too far off the beaten path. I am serious about getting this together. Is anyone else? I have my boyfriend and I. No one feel like you're going to make an arse out of yourself, we've never done this before, and really have no fancy weapons. Until I actually get more into it, the only costume piece I have is my purple cloak. The weapons we will have will probably be funnoodles (those noodle shaped pool toys) with a PVC pipe inside. I'm not getting my hopes up and if you intend to come, RSVP! If you don't and we don't have people regularly meeting, you would be disappointed. I'm not spending my time out in the woods waiting for no one to show. It's in North Holland (West Olive) Port Sheldon TWP off of Port Sheldon Road. Anyone coming from Grandville Ave-ish way can take Chicago Drive to Port Sheldon Road (about 45 min drive) through Hudsonville, Blendon, Borculo, and past the second set of rail road tracks. Down past the road with Harlem Reform Church sign on the right, and another road past that (so 3 in all) to Port Sheldon Township Hall. If you go past it because you see the in and out sign too late, just take a left at the next road, and then a left into the drive way. We'll meet every other weekend with this weekend coming being the first possible meet (April 4 and 5, 2009).

Muskegoners, take 31 to Port Sheldon and follow the directions from there.

Saugatuck, take 31 to Holland, as if you're going to Grand Haven, except at the signal with road signs with blinking lights warning of the intersection do a Michigan U so you're headed East-ish, and follow the directions.

If you were to come from the west, well that's a bit more complicated because if you come from that direction and you don't know where it is, then you're from Wisconsin.

Again if you plan on showing up let me know first because I am not going to spend all day long waiting on people to show up.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

A suggestion for a better reception

Post by Torakhan »

Maybe this could be better posted as:

Foam Combat at Port Sheldon Township Hall every other weekend
Beginning this weekend (April 4, 2009), we will be trying to begin a bi-weekly Saturday foam combat gathering at the park next to the Port Sheldon Township Hall. RSVP to this address *email address* if you plan on coming out. We will be there from Noon until 2pm. If no one shows, we will cancel the outing. Hope to see you there!

The address for the Port Sheldon Township Hall is:
16201 Port Sheldon St, West Olive, MI‎

A LARP (Live Action Role Playing) game typically requires a rule-set, storyline, plots and game-masters. If you are over 18, feel free to give Final Haven (or CARPS) a try and see what it's like if you haven't been to a LARP before.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Well yes, I'm sure it COULD be posted that way, but I have things to do and I can't afford to sit out in the cold for no one to show up. HENCE the reason I want RSVP's. Thank you for telling me your way of how you would post it, however I posted it my way. Though
The address for the Port Sheldon Township Hall is:
16201 Port Sheldon St, West Olive, MI‎
was helpful and the info about the combat type.

If no one shows, I have better things to do with my time than wait for no one to show up. If no one RSVP's I'm not showing up, and whoever is there without someone that lives in Port Sheldon Township (especially with what we'd be doing) would probably get kicked out. Only residents and guests of a present resident are allowed to use the area.
Last edited by Dragua on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

this still happening?
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

argh you'll have to forgive me I don't check here constantly but yes, if you RSVP, I'll go, not sure about my bf as the weekends I'm available his daughter visits. I was available this past weekend, however I don't get e-mails sent from this site and check every once in a while. I have notify me clicked too. Odd...anyway I'm not going to be available again until May 3rd I switched with someone at work so I have to work the 2nd.

Noon a good time?
Last edited by Dragua on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I might be interested, but between your first post and Art's post I am very confused.

Are you having a sparring session?

Are you running a LARP?

If you are running a LARP then what rule set are you using?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

I want to get a regular LARP going. Me and a few others to start out, and figure out what our rules would be. I'm a newbie, but I would love doing something like this. And have days where we do nothing but spar.
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

The area we'd use has flat land as well as a spot up into some forested area. There's a little path on a hill, then it gets a bit thick. There's a baseball diamond too. I'm not sure how far out we could go, but if we're not supposed to be there, there'd be no tresspassing signs out. Though there are blueberry fields out there too. *l*
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

AH! Ok sounds good. I will see if I am able to get away at some point, and will RSVP, if I am able.

Are there any age limits to this LARP?

I would reccomend choosing a rule set prior to starting, even if it is something simple like king rules, as then you can get right into playing. Then again it is fun to sit around and come up with rules so that might be what you would like to do.

It will also be helpful, though not nessissary, if you have a story line prepared. To get an idea what I am talking about please send me a private message and I will send you an old agenda from Final Haven.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

oooooooooo, neato.
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Ok, Age limit would have to be at least 18.
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Oh! Foodage too. I was thinking the first time everyone could bring their own.
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

can't make it on that time frame, but i'd love to help out
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Yeah, well it'd be boring with only one person anyway. Thanks.