Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Charge skills and movement

Post by Crist0 »

Charge-up Skills
Some types of skills require intense amounts of concentration to use properly. These skills have a
set amount of time that the character must spend summoning the energy forth in order to use
them. Because of the needed concentration, being struck by a weapon, fist or packet or
intentionally prodded in some other manner while charging or prior to using the skill causes the
skill to be lost and the charge-up time to reset. Also, performing actions that are obviously not
related to the task at hand such as sleeping, eating, lying down, etc will also disrupt a skill. These
skills cannot be used in conjunction with other charge-up skills or life point skills. While charge
times for skills can be modified through items, magical effects, and empirical sage
enhancements, normal charge times can not be cumulatively reduced below a two second charge
time

So you can move and use a charged skill as long as your not interrupted right? So you can use Critical strike or the Pikeman's Vorpal call while moving? I'm assuming yes but i just wanted to make sure.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Charge skills and movement

Post by Kalphoenix »

Crist0 wrote: So you can move and use a charged skill as long as your not interrupted right? So you can use Critical strike or the Pikeman's Vorpal call while moving? I'm assuming yes but i just wanted to make sure.
Unless the skill says otherwise (and some do), you can charge a skill and then move.

Now, hopefully someone will help me clarify here, since I didn't see it in the quoted info, but I was always under the impression that you had to charge the skill, then move...not that you could charge WHILE moving. If that's not the case, and you CAN charge while moving, I've been gimping myself for a long time, hehe. :P
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

NO, NO, NO, no skills may be charged while moving unless it specifically says so in the skill, or its passive, such as defensive matrix, regen, etc, but those are not charged skills so it dosnt matter

YOU CAN however move once the skill is charged unless stated otherwise, such as magic sleep
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

For complete clarafication there are no Charger skills that can be charged while moving. And you may move after it is charged unless the skill states otherwise.. Also for note if you have a ckill charged and get hit by an offensive action before using the skill, you lose the charged skill and must charge it up again.

Life point skills are different.. and also you may not use a Life point skill while you have another skill charged, nor while you are charging it.
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Three separate answers......
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

and they are all the same. They said yes, you may move with a chraged skill, as long as it is fully charged.
Travis Cole
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I understand what you guys are saying but I think that that definitely needs to be written somewhere because nowhere in the rulebook does it say that you can't move while charging. It just says as long as your not interrupted which can be misleading. It would be so cool if you could move while charging, but oh well :(
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Charge-up Skills
Some types of skills require intense amounts of concentration to use properly. These skills have a set amount of time that the character must spend summoning the energy forth in order to use them. Because of the needed concentration, being struck by a weapon, fist or packet or intentionally prodded in some other manner while charging or prior to using the skill causes the skill to be lost and the charge-up time to reset. Also, performing actions that are obviously not related to the task at hand such as sleeping, eating, lying down, etc will also disrupt a skill. These skills cannot be used in conjunction with other charge-up skills or life point skills. While charge times for skills can be modified through items, magical effects, and empirical sage enhancements, normal charge times can not be cumulatively reduced below a two second charge time.

So we should add walking and running to that list?
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Well walking and running are related to the task at hand for like critical strike after it's been charged. So if you added that then people would think that walking and running would cause the skill to be interrupted after it's been charged which isn't correct.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Could add...

These skills have a set amount of time that the character must spend summoning the energy forth in order to use them.( The character must root both feet, and can not move them while the act of changing occurs. Once the charging time is completed, the character may act as long as the skill says they can. )
Travis Cole
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Yeah that sounds more like it. I would like to see the change in the rulebook though so that everyone knows. Thanks guys.