Robert Enters the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Esmerelda*

If you do decide to travel I can stick around and help hold things down here. I think it would be best for me not to go on this trip. My talents are not exactly easy to disguise.

Other then that the plan sounds good. When you return I can see if any magical markings were placed on you and if so then at that time see if I can either remove or disrupt it.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert looks peers around the room looking a little puzzled. Your not sure if it is the exchange between mortimer and fuzzy or that people cannot make up their minds on what they are doing.

Robert looks at one of his men

"Daniel, get the men, tonight we drink for now is the time for merriment. Let everyone enjoy themselves for we leave early."

With that Robert downs the rest of his drink
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*During the lengthy discussion, the young Fionna just listened from a place in the kitchen. She then turns to her friend Esmerelda*

"Esmerelda, you know I will join you on your trek to Woodhold. Hopefully my talents of healing will not be necessary. I do pray that we do not have to send a rescue party after those bent on going to Haven as well."

*She turns to look to Zeira and Azra*

"Although, they may be more likely to require my talents, I have not had much experience with elves and would not like to gain this experience on such a mission."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Fair enough Fionna. Hopefully all will go well with us and we will be successful."

Zeira stands up and raises his glass

To good fortune and luck. May they guide us so that we will drink together once more!
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi raises his glass

"Luck and fortune."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul sees Robert's look*

If I had to take a guess at what you're thinking, you seem to be looking at us as if we were being indecisive. But isn't it best to weigh all the options of such a grave undertaking, especially when there doesn't even seem to be a concrete idea as to what we plan to accomplish? Even the little things could make all the difference in the world.

Take myself, for instance. I doubt someone such as I would have any great luck travelling into Haven without a justifiable purpose for being there. While I would like to be of help and do my part, it seems likely the Elves see my kind as nothing more than a beasts, and I would assume even my mere presence within such a group would raise suspicion without a reason to back it up, something such a group doesn't need. Especially if they require the utmost subterfuge. I simply need to know more information before taking part.

The issue of suffering an identifying brand to even get into Haven in the first place would be at the top of my list. And one I would be adverse to agreeing to, at that.

And if it's a worry of privacy keeping us from making anything but vague comments about the mission ahead, I propose the individuals interested move the conversation to somewhere more secure? I require more than a jumble of ideas with differing goals and complexity before I make my decision.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Rhul,

"The mission is to find out if the Elves have any other purpose besides dominating the known world. It is perhaps likely that is their ownly desire, but I suspect a darker purpose yet forseen. I believe our mission to be of such importance that no matter what the odds of victory the attempt must be made.

I can understand the desire for exactly how we will gather the information, but without the journy we have no exact way of knowing what plan will be most effective.

Once we are near Haven we will camp somewhere in the wilderness and start gathering information.

Take heart for rightousness is on our side and I believe it will guide our path to victory"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*Rhul nods in understanding*

"Thank you for laying it plain for me, Robert.

But I think I may have to take up Esmerelda's offer to speak with any possible allies from Woodhold's forces. I still think I am too out of the ordinary to simply sneak into Haven, nor do I know anything of the lay of the land.

*snaps fingers thoughtfully*

I think I know of a man who would be happy to help you though. Grim fellow by the name of Daine. I run into him every once in awhile at the House of Chance- though he spends most of his time with the refugees. I've heard a bit of his story that brought him here, and I daresay he has the motivation such a mission needs.

Before you leave, I'll let him know what's going on, and tell him where to meet you if he decides to help.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Virgil sits rubing his chin. "a magical eye, sound interesting, sounds valubale, sounds.....breakable.....abaddon you have seen it you say, have you by chance seen a way to break it, a special hammer perhaps, im all for a little look around but being in close proximity to unsuspecting elves gets me sword happy, but i understand if all we can acomplish is a look see."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Glances over*

Don't go breaking anything magical until it is examined. There might be a way to shut it down without destroying it until research in terms of what to do with said thing can be done.

Braking something like that *she pauses* could cause another damn cataclysm and that is the LAST thing we want to do.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

holds up a finger at Aurora as he continues to look at Abaddon. "wich is why im asking the one who knows about it what his thoughts are."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Glares at the individual*

You know, it was merely advice. No need to be rude on things so I'd put that finger away. With my skills I actually know a thing or two about magic.

*Looks at Abaddon*

Such things probably cannot be figured out until a careful examination of said item is done. All we can do is spout theories based on what we know about magic unless *looks at Mohdri* some research on the matter has already been done.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Virgil makes a gestue as if he is sheathing a sword but with his finger. "Be warned, i am very deadly with this finger, it could kill someone if i dont keep an eye on it,....when do we leave?"