preparing for a long winter

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

preparing for a long winter

Post by celegar »

*trusk walks up to the gate at the house, a large fur hanging over the end of his hammer. Trusk proceedes through the gate, and immidiately steps over to the moderately sized (large enough to comfortably fit 4 to 6 people) hut he had set up. the hut is currently adorned with the skins of several different animals. trusk unslings then skin then hangs it over the last remaining opening in the hut*

DERE, DAT SHOUD KEEP TRUSK WARM DIS SEASONS.

*trusk steps into his hut, rummages around for a bit, then comes back out with a chair made of bits of wood and skins, puts the chair down outside his hut, next the the gate, then sits down, his weight barely being supported by the chair. trusk rummages around in his pouch, finding a small corn cob pipe and a black bag with his troll weed in. trusk packs the pipe, then sits back, takes hold of a neerby lantern, and lights it, the flame licking at the snow that is lightly falling around trusk.

TRUSK WONDER WHY PEOPLES LIKE LIVE WHERE DEEZ WHITE TINGS FALL, ME NEVER SEE DEMZ BEFOR'S
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora approaches with something warm for Trusk to drink.*

The Nordworg and I will be leaving soon to head to the North where we will reunite with the War Chief...Fin. Piece and McCool will probably return before I do Trusk.

Some of the Gendarmen will be in and out of here assisting you in keeping an eye on the place along with Abaddon, Kami, and the others safe. Normally Caldeonian winters tend to be quiet but we'll see.

If you need to get a message to me, the Gandarmen and I are in the process of working on a messenger service to where I'll be at. They'll take down the information for you and get it to me.

We'll be around for another week if there is anything else you want to go over with me before I leave.

For now *hands him the cup* A glass of that warm apple ale.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk takes the cup, drinks the wine, shakes a bit from the heat, then hands the cup back*

TANKS TO YOU'S AURORA, DAT WAS NICE.

IF YOUS SAY DAT GAN DAR MAN IS GOOD TO TRUST, THEN TRUSK TRUST DEM'S. IT NO BIG EASY JOB KEEP PLACES SAFE, MANY BEASTIES IS OUT DERE.

TRUSK KEEP EYE OUT FOR DA FIN AN DA PIECE AND DA MAGOOL, BUT TRUSK MUST ALSO MAKE DA AVENGUARD SAFE, TRUSK'S TAVERN IS DERE, AN TRUSK NO LET DA SHADOW TINGYS BREAK TRUSKS TAVERN.

MESS SAGE? WHAT IS MESS SAGE? IS LIKE SCRIBBLINS?

WHAT IS DIS NORTH PLACE? GOOD FIGHTING DERE? AND WHAT ALL DIS WHITE STUFF, IT VERY COLD. IS LIKE RAIN?
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks a Trusk warmly*

Hey, you do me a huge favor the way you guard the gate. Bringing you food and drink to help you keep warm is just something people should do for one another.

You can trust the Gendarmen Trusk. Most of the people who will be coming over to help out are people I've work with. They will also be around so you can go and check on things in Avantguard.

Finn is up North, which is why I'm heading up there. Piece and McCool or Pea Pod of you prefer may stay here a little longer with Fell but eventually they will probably take off to the North as well for a bit.

*Aurora thinks for a moment*

Message...it's a way for you to be able to tell me what is going on down here while I'm in the North. You tell the Gendarmen and they will get word to me so that I'm aware of things you feel I need to know about the beasties you run into while I'm away.

*She smiles*

The white stuff is called snow Trusk, it's very very very cold water. There is actually a lot more of this snow in the North from what I hear. As far as the fighting and all I will let you know for it will be my first trip up there. All I know is that I'll be doing a lot of patrols and all assisting with protecting a place called Coldridge. The ga'vin there are the guardians of the area from what I remember Fell told me.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

AH, DA FINN, TRUSK LIKE HIM, HE KNOW TRUSK BIG TOUGH.

*trusk shakes the snow off that has gathered on his shoulders and head*

TRUSK NO KNOW WHY DEZE PEOPLES LIKE STAY WHERE DERE ALL DIS SNO, TRIBES ALWAYS GO SOUTH DURRING COLD TIMES, NEVER SEE DIS STUFF.

*trusk scratches at a few snowflakes that have fallen on his face, where he scratches the skin appears to get a bit more pale and loose*
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora watches Trusk scratch*

Let me take a look at that patch of skin your are scratching Trusk.

*As she is looking at it*

Some people like the cold and the snow. I'll be sure when I see him to let Finn know that in a way you were saying hi.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*After looking at Trust.*

This dry cold weather does not agree with your skin Trusk. *She starts rifling through her things* and pulls out two containers.

Ok this white creamy stuff is a lotion. Ummm....a paste you put a little on your face and it should help prevent your skin from pealing as much. *She begins putting it on him over the itchy spots.*. I have some in my travel pack for the North so you can have this. Now I don't recommend eating this.

*The other container looks like a tube and if Trusk allow it she puts some on his lips.* This will help your lips from chapping badly during the winter. Apply as needed and again don't eat this. It should help with the cold and all.

Remember to say bundled up and drink plenty of warm liquids this winter. Most things around here hibernate during the winter, which is one of the reasons it was decided that if I wanted to travel and all it would be best I leave during this time of the year.

If you can on the really cold days Trusk, apply the stuff I gave you and if possibly find a fur or something you can wrap around your neck to cover your mouth. It will help keep your warm.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk accepts the containers*

AYE, TRUSK HAS MANY FURS, YOU NEED?
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles*

I'll be alright Trusk at least for now. Eventually I am going to find some nicer furs to cover my legs and part of my arms.

This of the stuff I gave you like armor except it's to protect your face and lips from the cold.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk nods to aurora*

AYE. TRUSK STAY HERE IN HUT AND GUARD DOOR AND GO HUNT FOR SKIN AND FUR AND FOODS, IF YOU SEE'S MORE PEOPLES DAT NEED GET SOME TINGS TO STAY DA WARMS, SEND DEM TO TRUSK, TRUSK HAS FEW EXTRA FURS DAT TRUSK CAN GIVE TO UDDERS IF DEY NEEDS DEM.