Posted in the Inn and in other common areas

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Posted in the Inn and in other common areas

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

The following is posted in various places around town. It can be found written in Common, Forest Elven and Dark Elven.

The Company of Hawks Needs You

Death is inevitable.

In an Age of Reckoning there are two ways to meet you maker. The first is when the black Hawk standard of the Company eclipses your keep. The second is on the field of battle with trusted comrades, drenched in the blood of your enemies.

The unlucky fools of the first kind hear the drums of the Company before they hear the rumors. Those who hear the rumors enlist or stand in line for the chance to petition. Only the most battle-hardened are accepted. The rest are walking dead men.

If your armor is worn and dented but your sword sharp and your arm strong, the Company needs you.

Enlist today.

Jaycen
Captain
Company of Hawks
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi watches from his easel as Jaycen posts his message.

"Hmm. A place for public announcements. Perhaps near the door..."

He begins drawing again.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Fell watches like he normally does than chuckles to himself.*

"Jaycen hate to break the light of dawn to you. In this day and age most folks are unable to read let alone write. It is not the old days of Silverthorn or the younger Caledonia."

*Looks over to Malachi and nods.*

"Agree a Heralds post is a nice touch to the design. That way the laws and the Gendarme can post. "
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra, having been in the inn for some time, glances up from her drink and notices the posting. Standing, she walks over to it, and with a furrowed brow, attempts to make out as much of it as she can. Giving up, she shrugs her shoulders, and returns to her seat*
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

*Looks at the parchment and furrows his eyebrows*

It says if you want to save Haven go talk to Jaycen. Not you though Azra. Your not battle hardened enough. Your soft. Like a pillow. This more applies to Trusk and Theon. You know, tough people. But maybe they can use you at the after celebration...*Snickers*
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra seems to nearly swell with irritation at Zeira's comments, then turns on her heel with a "hmph" sound, and heads over in Esmerelda's direction*
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

The posting outside the Inn catches Rhul's eye as he approaches, and he stops to peruse the article as Ezra strides off.

"Hmm....(scratching his chin thoughtfully as he reads) someone seems to be interested in organizing a formal militia, eh? As long as they don't cause trouble, it wouldn't hurt to have a few more blades in defense of Firach Aien.

It'll be interesting to see how they carry themselves. In this day and age, there seem to be as many thugs as protectors, hopefully they are a good deal more of the latter."
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Walks up to the posting and looks it over....to maybe some people's surprise the young kid seems to have no problem reading the parchment.

He seems somewhat confused and turns around to look at the group, "So who are these 'Hawks'?" He asks with a child like curiosity.
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

They're a group of battle hardened soldiers who hire themselves out to towns or groups who lack experienced fighters. They probably need other people too like scouts, herbalists, and maybe even a magic user or two. If you join up there's a good chance you'll make a good deal of coin. But probably one of the best things about being a Blackhawk is the training. They are known for they're ability to work as a unit. That's something none of have any experience in.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Hmmm....I can't say as I've heard of them before. But then again, before I came here with you after we met in the summer, I didn't exactly get out much. I may be well read, but certainly not well traveled, and that tends to keep one unappraised on current events.

*He chuckles good-naturedly*

Of course, when you tend to frighten the poor village-folk like I do, that shouldn't be too surprising. To be sure, the same could be said for most of those at the Sanctuary, too.