Things mentioned to me at the event

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

people are still assigning their allegence to one person, who then passes it up. You used to be able to do that, but you can't anymore. (that's a common one.)
Travis Cole
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Julie is it more confusing to you now because you have to fill out the org stuff, which used to be done by someone else? I haven't had to do any org stuff under the new system but I know I used to be there with Taki and a few other people for about an hour moving people around so we had the right numbers to fit a few different things. From what others have said it's much easier now. But like I said, I haven't (and truthfully don't really want to) do any political stuff anymore so I can't give any personal experience feedback.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

Travis,

When the people send the allegnece up, who are they sending it to? What are they trying to accomplish by doing that?

The new system is broken down into 2 groups. The supporters and the workers.

The supporters only have to give their support points to 1 person. simple

The workers have more to do.
1. They must choose what type of org they want. Trade route, commidity making, market place, production source procurement, etc..
2. They need to place the support points into jobs the type of org can do. Based on the number of support points allocated, determines the effect.
3. They need to assign people with in their org jobs/tasks to make sure the work gets done. This is done mostly during down time, but some RPing moments can happen in game.

At first glance the politcal ssytem seems massive and very confusing. But once you choose which org type you want, it gets much simpler.

Please let me PM your questions or post them on the board and I will answer them :D I'm the spreadsheet guru and figured out how to best min/max the politcal system. I know it well
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

some of it is that when IG you aren't reminded of any of that you tend to feel way out of the loop and ok so what happens of you don't support what the current leader is doing?

I like the older version better where things could funnel up or whatever. This new system as I stated leaves a lot to be desired. I negates some of the effects of a few of the political skills. I can't remember which ones right now but hopefully someone else will remember.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

Please note all the polical skills have been upated to work with the current political system. And in my opinion, some them are very powerful almost to the point of being broken.

As of IG stuff, that is all up to the leaders of the org. They can RP as they wish. The NPC staff will once in a while bring politics into the game, buts thats on them. And it's up to the players to RP with others to hammer out any politcal issues in game. The politcal system is PC driven with minor NPC influences effecting what over all outcome maybe.

As for not supporting the current leader of an org? Here is what can happen.
1. If enough people vote for another leader, the new person will be come leader of the org and gets to decided how support points are spent.
2. The same bad stuff can happen to the org as it did in the other polical system. The number of incoming resoures are reduced, can do as much, and can even lead to the collaspe of the org itself. So yes, the members of the org hold the true power

In summary, you can elect a new leader or you can crash the current org and start a new one.

Next question :D
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!