FeedBack from Players Desired- New Advanced Rules discussion

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Just let people parry while raging. Thats it. No turning it on and off. It's a good improvement. If that seems too powerful just make it 2 life points to parry while raging.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That is exactly the point of the 5 second delay, to prevent you from using other skills. Letting them through is bad. Originally, the skill had no 5 second delay and we all raged continously and effectively spent 2 life per parry. It's overpowered and effectively raises the base damage of the game.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I really think those are going to be the hardest skills to figure out how to make better, but not broken, Rage, and Parry.

Rage- Spend half your life to begin swinging +2 damage

that way you cant just turn it on and off, it would kill you, but is still a big bonus
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

well im saying that if your going to gain an improved version of a skill, just enhance what the skill already does, dont try to add on things or change the way it works. although, i remember people were talking about this stuff at winterhaven and they really liked the idea of just having perks, cus you can make up a whole mess of different little perks that can apply to anyone, not just class specific.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Yes, the hope is to make each improved skill do the original plus a little better, but still along the same vein.. without raising the damage dealing capability. And the Perks were added just for fun, to add some little fun things into the mix.. I think both would be a valuable addition to the game.

And yes Rage and Parry will be the most difficult.. so as Wayne said wemay have to look at something more like the Improved Combat reflexes instead.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Combat reflexes come back in half the time for warriors? Gavin regenerate hit points extra fast so why not let high level warriors get their combat reflexes back faster.