up late

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

up late

Post by Abaddon »

The old mage leans against the heavy re-enforced frame of the door. He could feel the magic through it. Inside was Yaziel, bound, in chains of magic. But Abaddon could not work up the nerve to enter. It took a great amount of energy to control the creature. If he made a mistake, if he missed even a second, the creature would break free, and Abaddon would be gone.

And the moon was unfolding. The time of the bloodmoon cometh. Magic roared across the world like a downpour. The walls of the world became thin, and things...slipped through. Lurkers, such as Yaziel were only one of many problems.

Not to mention the werewolves that threated the safety of Far Reach, and The Vampires, with their war. Foul undead, plague upon the world.

Not to mention enemies from within. It was going to be a rough moon.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi steps into the entrance of the basement corridor. He looks down the length at Abaddon. He begins to walk forward slowly.

"Master Abaddon, forgive me if I am intruding, but I believe we both know that the beast behind that door is nothing if not vile."

He adjusts his swordbelt and the hammer hanging at his side, and checks the straps on his armor. His pace quickens slightly.

"Perhaps, if it interests you, I could assist you in this endeavor."

He stops walking when he reaches Abaddon. He rests his hands on the hilt of his blade and his belt.

"Let us work together in this endeavor. What say you?"
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Vile is a term for things of this world. That, Yaziel, is not of this world. There are things that exist elsewhere, things that try to push through. My people learned long ago how to bind and banish them. Yaziel is a prisoner in this world. He is my curse to carry." Abaddon says, leaning against the wall.

"He has been with me since I was young. He is my familiar, the source of my magic, and he is alien."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

"If I may ask without appearing ignorant, why must you consort with such a being? What is it that you need? Perhaps there is some other way to find out. Perhaps you do not need to deal with such a creature any longer."

A slight grin appears on his face.

"Perhaps I may be of service."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Long ago I made The Pact of Seven Oaths. These oaths have power, Yaziel is the symbol of that power. As long as these oaths are not broken, I am safe. I have the power to banish more of these creatures. Surely that is worth it."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi cocks his head to the side, and his eyes show that he has fallen inside himself. A moment later his eyes flash, and he straightens his head.

"Indeed."

He looks confused for a moment.

"How many creatures like this exist? How are they stopped? Could one so...pact-less as I stop one?"

He looks to Abaddon with genuine interest.

"I apologize for my zeal. I have an insatiable hunger for knowledge. Perhaps, if you would be willing, you would explain this in more detail?"

He chuckles.

"It seems foolish, to ask this of such an important member of society. Perhaps we may be able to make a deal."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Sharing knowlage is always a good thing. Let's go upstairs, and Discuss it over tea?" Abaddon says. He grasps his staff, and limps slowly toward the main room of the House. There he lights a single candle and sits down.

"First of all, no old man is important. Second, there are many of the Lurkers. They exist in the walls between worlds, alien and hungry. They seek to enter our world.

Long ago my clan, the Evening Star, discovered these creatures and sought them out. First to bind, then to remove them. The Binders were mages. And the seekers Oracles.

This is the legacy that I share."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi nods.

"Tea sounds fantastic."

He sits, nursing his tea while listening to Abaddon intently.

"These Lurkers, do they just want to cross over? Are they, well, mostly chaotic, or do they tend to plan things out? Is there a specific reason they want to enter our world? Do they just wish to escape the void?"

He pauses to sip his tea.

"I apologize. I've always know that magic can create incredible things, but this concept is foreign and enigmatic to me."

He takes another sip.

"Let me start over. How many of your clan exist? I assume that you are a Binder; are there any Seekers near? Can a Binder hunt down these creatures without a Seeker?"

He raises his tea to his lips, but pauses.

"More importantly, does one have to have a grasp on magic to seek these things out?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"The Valkyn'vi believe there are more worlds than these. One world is called Mistrialla. Once, our people lived there. Now they wander this world, lost an alone. Our essence leaves this world, and returns there.

The lurkers follow these souls, to this world. They corrupt and destroy everything they touch. Their mere presence in our world causes phantarra pain. Their desires are aline, but they make footholds in our world, changing it slowly to the void. They can be bound, and released.

I am not a binder. My father was, but my mother an oracle, and that among our people is a forbidden union. I had no magic. And worse, no vision. The Valkyn'vi people are all born with the gift of sight. To see the past, future, and present in their dreams. Those that do it more reliably are Oracles.

Because of my parents violation, I have no visions. I was born with no magic. I was nothing.

I sought out an ancient pact, made by the Valkyn who created us, and bound my essance to it, to give me the power, that I have. Mine is limited. I have difficulties using my magic for those who's true name I do not know. Interestingly, the end of the world, opened magic up, for it was limited then.

As for the lurkers, a study of magic is necessary, but knowlage is the true power. Their names have been recorded, and can be used to compell them, even with out sorcery."

Abaddon says, coughing thickly. He takes drink of now cooling tea.

"The Gates are the key. I believe I can use them to return our people to Mistrialla, though..I worry that they draw the lurkers here. "
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi visably ponders for a moment.

"I will admit my current knowledge of gates is limited, but that is something else I would like to learn of. Do you believe it would require magic to find your way home? Or perhaps a more mundane way, a few tweaks to the diagram, so to speak."

He sets down his cup and stands.

"I would like to continue this conversation, but alas I am called away. What men must do to survive, eh?"

He bows slightly to Abaddon.

"Perhaps when I return we may continue where we left off, yes? I am no magician, but I am a master of my own craft. Perhaps between the two of us we can realize your dream, Master Abaddon."

He heads for the door.

"I wish I could be certain of how long I shall be away, but I cannot. When I return I will find you. Peace and prosperity guard your house, my friend."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"We can continue this conversation any time. Make yourself at home. I look forward to speaking with you again. " Abaddon says.

He continues to sit, and sip his cooling tea in silence.