Training

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Training

Post by Aurora »

*A young woman can be seen in the courtyard of the House of Chance working on a few set forms with her sword. After about 10 minutes she is sitting down near one of the guard towers reading, concentrating very hard on the information before her. If anyone approaches her, she visually does not appear to have slept very much recently.*

*She mumbles.*

This looks soooo much easier when I see other people do it. I need to wrap my head around this. It's just a matter of concentrating and all...
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi walks out of the House of Chance. He turns to see Aurora. He approaches.

"Feel like sparring against a living opponent?"

He chuckles.

"I must say, however, I may not give you much more fight than the air did!"
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks up from her book and quickly closes it shut.*

Perhaps later. Right now I'm deep into something I'm trying to learn currently.

*She pauses*

Have we met before? I'm Aurora...Aurora Darksbane.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

"Malachi is my name."

He bows.

"We met briefly at the Andarran ruins, and then at Avengard we fought together in the battle against Springhold."

"I apologize for interrupting. If ever you would like a sparring partner in the future, do not hesitate to find me. I would be honored to practice with such a fine warrior."

He smiles, turns, and walks away.
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She pauses for a moment.*

You're one of Ambrose's people then I gather? *Her eyes gaze begins to harden.* Believe me sir, I have not forgoetten all that went on at Avantguard by a long shot. I have also heard what has been said since I brought Zyth and Winter here to Far Reach for safety.

*She gets up before he decides to walk away.*

If you do not mind, I think I'll continue my reading in the forge.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He pauses, half turns, and looks as though he is going to speak. He then sighs and drops his head.

"Very well, then."

He turns and continues on his way.

"I tire of this game."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora pauses and pivits around.*

You tire of this alleged game? You still have yet to answer me if you are one of Ambrose's people.

I once thought and believed people could get along and overcome whatever, but then I travelled to Aventguard where giving blood to vampires and all is quite alright and no one even questions what a vile and evil act it is or what it will truly cost in the long term.

Now I'll do whatever it takes to protect those I've swore and oath to and defend this land I've grown to call home in Caldeonia.
Last edited by Aurora on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi stops walking, but leaves his back to her.

"So, now it matters what I have to say?"

He turns, and speaks in a cool, steady voice.

"Yes Madam, I do belong to House DuVere. What of it? Is Ambrose a great evil? "

His voice gets louder, and it's obvious he's attempting to control his temper.

"The fact of the matter is that I have been in Caldeonia, or Aventgard, for several months now. Over the course of these months I've been scorned. My offers for help refused on the basis that I havn't been around forever and I might be an 'evil man'. Ambrose was the first to introduce himself to me, and to offer me security in exchange for my services."

He looks Aurora dead in the eye.

"Would it have been better, oh glorious defender of this hovel that Caldeonia has become in the years I've been gone, had I refused his offer? Perhaps I'd better serve the people by being a bloated, starving corpse lying along the path?"

His voice is now near shouting, and it's obvious he is straining to maintain control.

"Obviously, you have a keen eye for all things vile, miss. I do not doubt you noticed that it was, in fact Zyth who accepted Balthos into the village! It was Zyth who told his people he "would not look down on them if they chose not to help"! It was Zyth who would rather murder a member of House DuVere than rescue an injured dwarf for a tsunotaur trap!"

He is shouting, and Aurora can see something dangerous in his eyes.

"I have offered my sword and my hammer to defend Avantgard, and in return I am looked on as a disposable resource, a 'meat shield', based on whom I serve. I offered my blade and mind to Sangius Lupus, in order to help expedite the rescue of the Lady Vaun, and was met with callus apathy and anger. I offered to spar with you, knowing we have fought side by side and will more than likely do so again, and I am met with inquisition based on false pretense. Yes Madam, I DO TIRE OF THIS GAME!"

He gasps and shudders. The dangerous light Aurora saw in his eyes is gone, and when he speaks again, his voice is soft, and almost apologetic.

"Good day, Lady Aurora."

He continues on his way.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora cuts the man off before he can leave...when his eyes glowed he will notice hers has a very dark green glow to them, but she is very calm.*

If you do not like this "hovel" as you put it you can return to your Ambrose and Avantguard. I'd recomend not calling Far Reach or Caledonia that in front of an actual Caldeonian again unless you'd like to be challened to an honor duel or something.

As for Balthos, you all had the perfect opportunity to take him out when he was weak, but instead members of town not only talked me out of the course of action I think you all should take, but you all lined up like cattle to feed him.

As for Lady Vaun, SANGUIS LUPIS will meet to discuss option from what Sir Ark has told me. All proposals I have heard from the "Town" involve a bloodbath with the pirates and Lady Vaun caught in the middle.

*She looks him dead in the eyes her voice still very calm and very cold.*

Next time you feel like raising your voice to me glowing to attempt to intimdate me, you best be wanting to challenge me to an honor duel.

Obviously on the issues of Avantguard, we will have to agree to disagree. If I do return it will be to assist my friends in Lady Vaun's rescue.

If you want to vent at Zyth, he is somewhere on these premises.

NOW good day sir.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He looks at her, and his eyes seem almost sad.

"Milady, you sat back as Balthos fed, as well. We sat at the inn, and even spoke of the lunacy unfolding before us."

"As for the Lady Vaun, I have yet to hear of any plans to save her, which is saddening. I only offered to help."

"As for the condition of Caldeonia and raising my voice, I apologize. I have a fearsome temper, and I fight hard to control it. Alas, it sometimes get's the better of me. Also, my intention was and is never to intimidate. It is, however, increasingly frustrating attempting to have a conversation with someone who thinks you the scum of the earth for merely offering to help."

He sprouts a wry grin and shakes his head lightly.

"And now that I have apologized, I have a question."

He looks genuinely interested in the answer.

"Do you always attempt to cow people into submission with fear? If so, I must apologize again. Attempts at intimidation humor me, but I have not yet met someone at either Avantgard or Caldeonia that I could ever fear. But, I applaud your attempt."

He stands there, eye to eye, awaiting a response.
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him and smirks for it's quite obvious to her what he is trying to do.*

Humm...by the time you all were lining up like cows to allow Balthos to feed, I was getting Zyth and Winter to Caldeonia because I knew other members of Sanguis Lupis were here so Sanguis Lupis could discuss what happened.

Vaun had told Winter, her apprentice by the way, that if something were to happen to her to get to Mr. Ingram at once and tell him what's going on. I think being oh kidnapped by pirates qualifies.

As far as a rescue attempt for Lady Vaun, why would I tell you what any plans are? First, I don't know nor do I even trust you and second being as I'm not the leader of Sanguis Lupis, I would not be foolish enough to spill any plans they would have. I'm not as mindless as some of your companions.

*She laughs at the whole intimidation comment.*

Oh that's rich. No, not trying to intimidate you at all. I'm stating a mere fact, you want to attempt to try to scare or intimidate me it won't work at all. You want to get all challenging and all as you were, you better back it up and prepare to fight.

Merely stating a fact....you don't scare me, your ignorance does.

I do however appreciate the information you gave me concerning Zyth and Balthos. I'll be adressing it with Zyth myself.
Last edited by Aurora on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He smiles

"I'm glad I could be of service. I'll let you get back to your book now. That is, of course, if you don't mind."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

**At this point Iconus stumbles out of the house of chance a lady of ill repute on each arm, the three of them laughing and singing drunkenly**

"...at an inn called da boar...Meez usheta work in Eldeshta meez did but meez..."

**Seeing the two winding down their argument he stops and looks at them with a wide grin on his face**

"Well hullo youz friendz. Why youz handz on youz weaponz? Weez all friendsh ere. And diz a good day. Meez hit black tirteen!"
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi looks at the newcomer and smiles

"No worries, friend."

He glances at Aurora

"The lady and I are quite finished."

He walks over to Iconus, and starts to extend his hand in friendship. He notices the women, chuckles, and thumps his fist against his chest.

"I am called Malachi. I do not believe we've met."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

**Clasps forearms strongly, his massive fist gripping malichi's forearm in a vice-like grip**
"Meez Iconus Kraggish. Youz and meez meet before. Weez learnz Tree Dragun Ante together."