Voices from the Forge

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Voices from the Forge

Post by JOAT25 »

"Ingram looks out of the small out building in the House of Chance compound that contains his forge."

"Abaddon, could I speak to you?" he shouts to get the aged mage's attention.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The old mage appears at the door, leaning on his staff. His eyes are dark, and he seems quite tired.

"What can I do for you Ingram?" Abaddon says.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

"I've been having a bit of a problem recently." Ingram's voice is calm and cold. "My problem has been with assurances. I was assured that Galen's men would safeguard my home. I was assured that my presence at the ruins was vital. Most disconcertingly, I was assured that YOU WOULD FIND THAT DAMN KEY!" At this point Ingram is red-faced and screaming, his voice echoing out of the small structure.

"Instead the one ace I had against Corbyn has gone missing, there wasn't anything at that hell hole that transpired that the others couldn't have handled, and ATRUM - a man who has BEEN BAYING FOR MY HEAD ON A PIKE - hands you back one of the keys that opens the locks that secure EVERYTHING I have worked for." The silence following the tirade is thick.

"Well, do you have anything to say for yourself?"
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I'm sorry Ingram. I have done as you asked. I offered a reward for the key, which Atrum has now given is. I made it known that there would be no questions. I was assured by Argus that the bell would be safe. We have so many enemies, that we can not even filter them out.

I will find the bell. We will have it back no matter the cost. " Abaddon eyes, his eyes dark, almost vacant.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

"You are sorry? Sorry will not bring me my missing property. Sorry will not make up for the fact that a vaunted Valkyn'vi mage -supposed masters of prophecy- could not predict events a little human saw a league distant. I allowed my decisions to be swayed by your 'words of wisdom' once, and it has only served to prove once again that the only judgment I can truly trust is my own."

Ingram stands suddenly and begins collecting and arranging his smithing tools.

"I am going to attempt to forge a replacement for the bell. I only pray that I can complete a replacement before Corbyn decides to show his head, if it is even possible. See to it that I am not disturbed. I am assuming this is something you are actually capable of, of course."
Ingram Folles - Scholar
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"As you wish. I will attempt to keep you from being interrupted. " Abaddon says before vanishing with the slam of a door.