shatter bolt

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

shatter bolt

Post by cole45 »

We just got a new shatter spell that is 3 magic shatter. Due to the new shatter rules, shouldn't it just be "Magic Shatter?"
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

These attacks destroy weapons, armor and shields. If the weapon or shield is hit with the shatter call it is destroyed. If you are hit anywhere else, your armor is destroyed. This call does not damage light armor. Shattered items cannot be repaired. If shatter is preceded by a number and that number is reduced to zero, the shatter portion has no effect.

The nuber is there in case someone can mitigate 3 points of damage from a missle attack....or say thay are hit in the back while fleeing.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I gottcha.
Travis Cole
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

So on that, is it 3 magic shatter? or just 3 shatter?

Mostly cause if it has magic in the terms, you can resist it with duh duh duh...resist magic...

Sorry i know its a simple question, but i needs to learn these things for my new job (c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Can't you also parry it if it was delivered via melee weapon, because of the number? I speak as a neophyte fighter.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

That I do know CJ, and if it is a frontal melee attack with a number involved then yes you can parry...

only things that cant be parried are hits not to the front and packet driven things....unless i am totally retarded and have been doing it wrong
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

unless you have a skill that lets you parry attacks to your back :wink:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The call in the spell is "3 Magic Shatter"
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!