Final Fantasy XIII

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Sunny »

Some of you may know me to be a major Xbox 360 fangirl. (I know... I'm a geek) I've been lamenting that my favorite game franchise ever (Final Fantasy) has always been a major Sony player.

Well, they announced at E3 that FF 13 will be released on the 360 as well! ( a year late, but still...) It's a huge coup for the Xbox, and means I don't have to buy a PS3 now. *cheers*

Just thought I'd share. (read: Hey Reid, look!)
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

This years E3 has been a bit lackluster in my opinion...nothing "HUGE" is being announced by really anyone...

While lots of good lookin games are on the horizon, I was a bit...meh about this years launch titles...
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

lets hope this one can revitalize my interest in the series, ever since 8 iv been disenchated with the rest.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Really? Disenchanted with everything after 8? 12 is by far one of my favorites in the series and I thought 9 was great as well. 10 and 10-2 left me with an ehh feeling. 11 was solid as an mmo, but the solo play was way hard. You need a group for EVERYTHING after level 20ish. I will have to say that 6 is still the best.

As for 13.....I can't F-ing wait!!
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

I just finished the revamp of 2 on the psp, and I gotta say old school is best ((Don't hit me!))
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

Final Fantasy sucks...

Yes I said it !!!!
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

and Zaire made it this event, only to be killed on the way back :D
Sigh, I supose I will have to kill you too.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

well, i guess ten was ok, but i didnt like 12 that much, and i thought 9 was way too cartoony. still, 8 was amazing and i dont think there has been one as good as 8 yet.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The real question remains...

Have you finished Crisis Core yet? If you haven't, I hear Meijer has a sale on tissues... :) One of the best endings, ever.

As for being on the 360, it'll be cool to not have to go out and get the PS3 right away, though, this will be interesting since it's the first time, that I'm aware of, that a company produced a PS3 version first. Generally, things are made for the 360 then ported to the PS3. Should be a good sample of how far a PS3 can go above the 360. Well, probably not, but one can hope.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

You know me... I've been dragging it out because I don't want it to be over, and because I know I'm gonna be a wheeping mess. T_T I'm almost done, though... and it makes me kinda sad. I love the FF7 story. When the new 7 game comes out on the PS3, which you know damn well it will, I may have to buy a PS3 then.

And, you are right about this being the first PS3, then 360, release game. I've heard and read that it is very difficult to code for the PS3, much easier for the 360. Still, they've been working on it for the PS3 for years, and I think only added the 360 release later into their schedule because they recognize the huge market that the XBOX has now. Frankly, there are more 360's in homes still than PS3s.

Sony must be pissed, as I've read that FF 13 was one of the exclusives they were counting on to move consoles. I know I would have baught one for FF 13, now I don't have to. However, Versus 13 is still Sony only, so to get the full experience, one will still have to have a PS3. That might be enough for some folks, bot not all.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Wuss, just get it done. Treat it like a band-aid. :)
Vaun wrote:And, you are right about this being the first PS3, then 360, release game. I've heard and read that it is very difficult to code for the PS3, much easier for the 360. Still, they've been working on it for the PS3 for years, and I think only added the 360 release later into their schedule because they recognize the huge market that the XBOX has now. Frankly, there are more 360's in homes still than PS3s.
Exactly true. The 360 is basically a glorified PC which makes it super easy to get full power early. The PS3 follows Sony's past of making the architechture feasibly more powerful but tedious to code properly since you can't divy up tasks as simply.

The other reason They probably pushed to 360... Xbox Live (which is generally agreed to be far superior to PSN). Could there be another MMO in the future???
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Im hopeing for oblivion online, even just co-op, they have a great system but no multiplayer
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

have you ever played samp? (san andreas multi player). that game is insane online.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I liked 7. LOVED 8. HATED 9 with a passion even thought I played it all the way through. Found rapture in X (Yeahy blitz ball). Though X-2 was not bad. Thought 6 was okay, but not as amazing as most fans think. Adored Kingdom Hearts. Thought Kingdom Hearts 2 was a let down. Was only eh with 12, as the mechanic was wierd and not what I like. and am curious about 13.
Last edited by Onimaster on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The remake of Final Fantasy IV is supposed to be out today for the DS, for anyone interested. FFIV and FFVI were my favorites out of the main numbered series, although I really like the FF Tactics Ivalice games (War of the Lions, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1-2).

I haven't tried Revenant Wings, it looks good though.