A formal request

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

Daffyd looks at the offered hand but does not return the gesture. His looks down at the Guthrie and smiles, not quite getting that gesture correct. It is obvious that the whole exchange is awkward.

I had heard of this place while in Avenguard and I am always curious about new places. One never knows what mysteries will reveal themselves. I have been called a wanderer, but wanderers travel without care for where the road leads."

"My travels lead me to a final destination. I am simply waiting to find out where that is."
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Daine drops his hand and shrugs, undeterred and evidently unaware of Daffyd's feelings of awkwardness.

Avenguard.... huh. So I guess it's got a new name now?

Well.....if you're here for some excitement, what you see is what you get, really. We haven't got much after fleeing Haven, only the tavern and the Keep. I'm one of the town's blacksmiths, so I might be able to help you there, but I'm not really sure how we are doing in the arcane department.

*Crossed his arms*

And don't mind the looks, we've barely gotten established here and already there's been some dirty deeds underfoot. Some old group called the Red Tear's been up to trouble, and we also has a scrum with a bunch of Elves that has us worried they might have tracked us here..... the scum that sacked Haven, that is.

It's been quiet for a while, right now we have been asked by the Caldonians (those are the folks in the kilts helpin' us out right now) to help them with a journey to the ruins of a city a coupla days march from here. It sounded like the place might be loaded with artefacts and gadgets from the old days, so you might find some entertainment in coming along.

They said it's pretty dangerous though, so it's be best if you knew how to take care of yourself if something happens.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles when she sees Daine*

Nice to see you Daine.

*Moves her attention back to the stranger.*

In adition to the possibility of the Red Tear possibly being seen around here and the elves there are also werewolves and a dark magi floating around named Raviel or dark arcane or whatever it else magic users are calling themselves.

I'm a sout and I do repair armor. I am also a warrior obvious and well a witch-hunter and by that I mean sort of from the old order from a Kingdom that was called Silverthorn. My grandmother before me was one and people could say it's in my blood and also I have a legacy to live up to.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

A loud bang can be heard from the kitchen, followed by a stifled half laugh, half scream of frustration. Em exits the kitchen and the common room at a hatsy pace, giggling all the while.

A moment later a flour covered Esmerelda emerges in hot pursuit of her young charge. Seeing the newcomers, she stops, brushes herself off, and with one last rueful look at the door, walks over to each of them in turn.

"Welcome to Far Reach. I'm Esmerelda, leader of the town. I hope you find a place for yourselves here, if that is your intention. If you're just passing through, you're welcome all the same. We have only a few basic rules. No stealing, and no killing anyone unless they're trying to kill you. You're free to speak your mind, just realize not everyone will agree with you. Which is fine. We don't expect everyone here to be the best of friends. That shiny happy bullshit way of thinking never works for anyone. We do, however, expect everyone to work towards the general betterment of the town. If those aren't rules you can live with, then you may want to consider taking up residence elsewhere. If you can live within that philosophy, then be most welcome.

"If you need the basics for survival, please let me know. Most of the time you can find me here at the inn or up at the keep. Although on occasion I do manage to slip my leash and go on an adventure or two." She smiles ruefully at that line and mouths "gremlins" to Daine with a smile. "If there is anything you need, please let me know."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

At the word mouthed to Daine, he lets out a loud "Hah!" of laughter.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

*To Esmerelda*

"I thank you for your kind words, as well as the laws and whatnot. I will say, however, that they are somewhat wasted on me. It has only been a year since I've been home, and I don't think my mind is so shot to have forgotten the rules of where I grew up.

*He turns to Korrigan*

"And thanks to you, good sir, for the drink. It seems I've been apart from civilized company for far too long. I accept the gift of hospitality, and will return it in kind."

*He turns to face Mohdri and Aurora*

"I suppose I don't blame you for being so paranoid, with all this Red Tear business, and an army of Elves much closer than any one of us would like. I merely heard smatterings of some magic-user responsible for the Cataclysm sighted, heard of, whatever near this Elthanar, and I seem to recall the name of said place. All I know is I woke one day and began walking home. Perhaps this is the reason, and I intend to find out."

*To everyone*

"I'm not surprised no one remembers me, really. I was a nobody from the wrong side of down who up and disappeared one day. My name is Malachi Vandire, and I've come home."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

*Mohdri opens his mouth a little as if to say somthing, shrugs, closes his mouth and turns back to the Caledonian as he finishes giving what scouting information he has.*
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon opens the door to the Inn. He is dressed in light traveling clothes. His long hair is tucked under a tough leather cap, and his mask gleams in the light of the Inn.

He has his staff, larger than his cane, in one hand. A heavy traveling pouch along his left hand side. Scrolls, and tubes and the stain of magic residue cover the old traveling bag. He is dressed much more simply than before, a vest and trousers. His strange eyes circle the room.

"I am ready to begin. Kami with be along with the rations. And Ingram has informed me he will be coming as well. " Abaddon says, slightly out of breath from the walk.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."