A formal request

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri hold his hand up to stop the Caledonian from giving further directions,

"Can we help you....?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*The young red haired woman in among the scouting group looks up at the stranger and eyes the conversation between Mohdri and this newcomer ever on the alert and on guard.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan glances over from where he is seated and waves Mary over from behind the bar.*

"Mary! We've got a guest out here that's drinkin' his own supply! Be a dear and fetch him a tankard's worth of welcome, please! Hell, I'm dry as well, make it two!"

*A few moments later Mary appears with two tankards on a tray. Korrigan meets her a few steps away from the table and sits down across from the newcomer. Taking one tankard for himself he offers the other to Malachi*

"Save your stock, friend. I know how dry it can be on the trail, and how precious every drop of spirit can be to a man's soul. This is the Tipsy Traveler and I'm Korrigan. Give us your name and your business here and I'll be happy to give you a few rounds of comfort and a hot meal in exchange."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

It seems the time of arrivals as a tall, large man enters the inn. He scans the inn and nods at Korrigan. Without invite he makes his way to a table, pulls out a journal and begins mumbling something about diseases, the stomach wrenching of portals, and blacksmiths.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

To the Caledonian and Aurora,

"Maybe we should take this some place else"
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

The man looks up, a curious look briefly flashes across his face.

"Take what, where?"

Stark
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan smiles and prompts Mary for yet another tankard. When she glances at him, he points at the large man who has just arrived.*

"Mohdri, this is Daffyd. I ran into him in Avenguard last moon and he's as decent a man as I've met since the breaking."

"Daffyd, this is Mohdri. He's one of the wheels that keeps Far Reach from grinding to a halt, so mind him and his counsel if you'd rather be breathing than not. The girl there is Aurora, and they're talking scout stuff for the big suicide miss... I mean 'errand' we're gonna do for the Caledonians."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at the stranger and Korrigan then back to Mohdri*

Uncle, I suggest we discussing this matter in a less public setting.

*She then turns her attention to the individual she and Mohdri have been talking to.*

That is sir, if the change is alright with you.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

Dayfd's faces flashes a small smile, but his eyes show none of the expressions.

"You need not my permission, but if there is something of importance to this place and these people, and I gather there is by the looks on many of the faces and the subtle way a few hands are close to the hilts of their weapons, wouldn't it be more prudent to keep discussions open."

"It would be a shame to find out that clandestine behavior and secrets might result in failure and the possible injury or, spirits forbid, deaths when they could otherwise been avoided."

Stark
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"I generally keep a lot secrets from those I don't know. A few from even those closest to me as well. I also tend to keep my weapons close at hand anywhere I am." Mohdri says as he flexes his claws.

"...But Korrigan seems to know you. We're going to help the Caledonians on an errand for them. Others can give you the deatils if you wish to know them." Turns back to the Caledonian present, "Please continue your directions."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at the stranger*

I'm sorry Mr...umm...mr sir. We're going over some stuff for a scouting thing with this messenger from King Galen. If either my Uncle or I were a little gruff it's because you caught us in mid conversation and well *she looks at Mohdri and grins* my Uncle just gets a little gruff at times.

If you wouldn't mind, we are almost wrapping this up. By the way as Mr. Korrigan sir just stated I'm Aurora, Aurora Darksbane.

If you would like there are some cookies at the bar area, help yourself I finished baking them a little while ago. It's about the only thing domestic I do.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

"Sorry, I was somewhat rude and didn't introduce myself. Daffyd."

"I'm willing to offer my assistance in anyway. And i am always a fan of cookies."

Stark
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Ummm....if you are a scout, I could always use another pair of eyes. Mr. Korrigan sir can fill you in on things since you two know each other. I can fill you in on what we are going over.

If you're not a scout but happen to come across a ga'vin with a mowhawk, his name if Fin and could you let him know Aurora is looking for him. Well that is if you don't mind and you run into him before I do.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

"I'm afraid I am unable to assist you in any scouting, my skills in the wilds are at best limited, but more realistically, non-existent."

"My talents tend towards the arcane, but I find myself at a bit of a disadvantage. Much of my knowledge was lost, due to some rather unsavory sorts on the road and I am not one to test odds."

Stark
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*A rather serious looking Guthrie with an eyepatch pipes up from the back and addresses Daffyd.*

"Hullo there, the name's Daine, he says sticking his hand out. "What brings you to these parts?"