AWSOME IDEA!! PLEASE READ!!

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

AWSOME IDEA!! PLEASE READ!!

Post by Ark »

Alright i was looking for "evil" garb and wound up on a discussion forum that got me thinking.
Alright all the changes end up trivial things about abillities or political stuff so on. Well i thought we should do dramatic changes and reverse the roles. who wants to be the good guys waiting to be attacked, i want to be a part of the invading army bent on destruction. just think about it, how cool would it be for the NPCs to be people in the keep and inn and we have to invade and sieze them, it would make some of the other characters more usefull, like have your assassin knockout there gaurd and your interigator inplant the suggestion to open the keeps gate at midnight, at witch point your army sweeps in and kills everyone, it would also make things like seige equipment more usefull, have your catapults bombard them before you attack, it opens up ALOT of new ideas and options, and alot of the classes reserved mainly for pc on pc combat (such as the interogator) would be valued, craftsman too.

I would like any ideas that support this issue submited here
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

The idea has merit, but with the event 2 days away it could have been more timely. ;)

~the Lunatic fringe~
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Well this would be a dramatic change not for this season, I just think it would be cool to be the attacking army sweeping through the land ya'know, have refugees runing from us.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I am going to break my silence here

If the populas of the players are evil then our NPC's will be mostly good and if you are a bunch of good guys then you will encounter more evil guys.

If you want to be the invading army you could have joined Corbyn's team last season. I wonder if the players will ever let that happen again though.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'll join Chris in breaking my silence here, since it isn't rules related.

The freedom of roleplaying means you CAN play this way if you wish. You just need to find the people willing to help you and you will be opposed by other players. Good and Bad are subjective. It also means that you have to face the consequences of your actions. I also think few PCs are settled firmly into the "good" or "evil" sides, and some of the things you mentioned HAVE happened, you just weren't there to see it. ;)

On a sidenote, we did have PC badguys once (At Kidwell, 2006? Pentag stuff?) and it didn't go over super well on either side as things ended up a stalemate with both sides waiting on each other to act.

My personal opinion, I think this would be a very fun one-shot or one-day kind of event.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Sorry my bad, Its more of a style. GOOD= reactive, EVIL= proactive. Alright lets be part of that huge noble army moving through the lands crushing evil, instead of what we are now, a small group of refugees waiting for this unstopable Elven war machine to come and finish the job they started, Some limped from haven to were we are now and are only really delaying the enivitable...I just get the sence that we have no hope, and i would rather be playing on the other side of that, and please dont compare my idea to corbyns betrail. I do apreciate the crytisism but i feel thats all i get..I think Todds "This idea has merit" is the only positive thing ive ever heard.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

... I'm really looking foward to playing Mohdri.

(Yes this comment IS on topic. He's REALLY not a reactive type of guy)
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

HMMM you know you should take a moment and speak to the elves. They want only peace and prosparity for all of Phantara. They would be happy to recruit you into their noble army as they purge the infidels that continue to fight them under foot.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Pshaw!! No hope, I sincerely hope the rest of the PC's don't feel that way. If Corbyn hadn't betrayed Haven we actually would have probably won so...
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

On the upside, every great epic story needs that moment where all hope is lost. It makes the victory that much more rewarding, so perhaps we are doing something right.

And you got more support for your idea than just Todd. Read Heidi's post again and all the way through the end (that's at least some support).

I'm just hoping you are not feeling attacked because I haven't read that in any way.

The only points I really wanted to make are these: hope is not lost and there is always flexibility in the way the game goes down, both from an individual stand point and as a group as a whole.
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

I have been in much worse stituations and seen much worse than where the PC are at right now. Yes the PC's are hurting, but this is the time when hero's rise to the challange and lead the people to victory over the elves. It will be an epic challange and I'm looking foward to it.

As for the seige plan, it has been done multiple times during the history of the game, and yes, it was fun for those doing the attacking, but not fun for those who imprisioned waitng to be rescued. Trust me, we will need to assult a fortified postion if we go against the elves. Start planning now becasue we will need all ideas to beat them.

What makes this game great is you can do what ever you want and the GM's will roll with it and work it into the event. My only suggestion is to be open minded and don't limit yourself to one type thinking
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

one note. Never assume you can't amush the NPCs. The gms are very good about that. just tell them what you intend to do, and they'll set it up for yah.
Travis Cole
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

cole45 wrote:one note. Never assume you can't ambush the NPCs. The gms are very good about that. just tell them what you intend to do, and they'll set it up for yah.
Thanks Travis, that's what I MEANT to confer, although I didn't do well at it. You never HAVE to be reactive, most people just choose to play that way.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Right - 'Here's an idea - let's go on the offensive!' is something that should be said IN game. Whether or not the PCs go on the attack is mainly up to the PCs. This has nothing to do with 'evil'. Good guys can certainly be proactive - they can certainly go on the offensive. Every movie and book shows this.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

That's just crazy talk :lol:

Just sits and laughs