Phys reps for Alchemy?

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Phys reps for Alchemy?

Post by Marcus »

My GF is a complete newbie at LARPing, and is playing an Alchemist next event, and after reading the rulebook she is wondering about what exact phys-reps she needs for the skill.

I told her as far as I know she just needs a cool-looking lab setup (like a rack of vials with colored water in them), and I'd even make her a nifty set of tags she could hang on the front to show what's brewing. Other than that and a stopwatch or something to figure out when they'll be done brewing, is there anything else? I've never played an Alchemist, but I know we ruled on having a definite phy-rep in game.

The phy-reps for potion vials are not a problem, so she can apply them to people without a count (she's a healer, too).
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Theres alwys a bit of leniencey(sp?) for first timers. As long as you make a small effort and she enjoys herself then its all good. She can build a massive Laboritory after she sees if she likes playing an Alchemist. ;)

~the Lunatic fringe~
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

CJ

If you need a few props I can dig through my stuff and see if I have any potion looking bottles and all for her to use at the event.

Between my CARPS stuff and my FH/WH stuff I should be able to locate a few things if she needs them.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Sorry it posted twice...darn pc
Last edited by Aurora on Thu May 01, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

LOL

She's a High School science teacher. She says she's definitely got enough props. Thanks though.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Anytime...I need to find that stuff anyway for I'd rather have actual physical props for that stuff.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Daine wrote:LOL

She's a High School science teacher. She says she's definitely got enough props. Thanks though.
Then she needs some florence flasks, erlemyer (bad sp) flasks, test tubes with a test tube rack (and corks if she has them for the test tubes) a budson burner and tubing so stuff can go from flask to flask.

Tell her that if she can make it look like a mad scientist's lab, we will just stare in awe..

Otherwise.. she could just have a morter and pestle...
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

we use a nautical weight set for paula.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

CJ then tell her to bring some stuff for me as well...since i have no idea on how to phys rep being an alchemist! (c:
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Like I said, I'm mostly planning on making her a simple wooden test tube rack. Although, I do have a fake 'still' Dad made for Civil War events. Don't know if I'll bring it though, because as of late I am tending to only bring "non-breakeable" items............