Darkness Shrouds

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Darkness Shrouds

Post by Smitty19 »

*Sitting out by a fire, The Cloaked form of Serith can be seen staring directly into the dancing flames, watching as each ember burns ever so brightly. Take a stick Serith prods the embers to make them jump to life, and a small smile crosses his features...

"Just as our people mother, the fire will always ignite when prompted"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"It's amazing how many people come to fire for solice"
*As a figure steps from the woods nearby.

"It's also amazing how many different things people see when they stare into the fire..."
*His gaze dwells briefly of the newly proded embers.

"The name's Mohdri Nockmar. You're one of the new commers here aren't you?" A clawed hand is extended in greeting...
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

*A figure in a cloak comes out of the Inn and walks over to group by the fire*

Do you mind if I join you? I need some fresh air after being in the Inn for so long. I new to this place and go by the name of Darkclaw

*Looking over the two at the fire Darkclaw notices the claws on Mohdri and Darkclaws eye brows raise*

That an unusaly trait Mohdri. I have seen few people be able to grow such nice claws. What is your lineage?
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Walking out to the fire with flour on her cheak Aurora approaces. She has a sense of "thank goodness I'm outside".

Hi Uncle, Mr. Serth Sir, and Mr. Darkclaw Sir. Uncle, can we go hunting soon? I fear, even though I do enjoy helping out, Esmerelda is trying to super domesticate me.

She needs all the help she can get but it feels so strange in a kitchen. I feel like I should be out on patrol, but I guess that comes from being a part of the Gendarman for the past few years.
Last edited by Aurora on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

Speaking of patrols and protecting the people, does anyone know who is in charge here? I have heard your name brought up more than once Mohdri as a possible protector of the people. Is this somethig you will be doing?

As for hunting, that seems that would be fun and a good release of pent up energy. If you will have me, I would like to join you in hunting.
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks over at Darkclaw*

Mr. Darkclaw Sir, the Captain of the Guard, which is also called the Gendarman, is Inarian Hay. He is the son of my Uncle Sylas. All the men and women you see around here with black kilts are Genderman and therefore are void of clan politics. We are our own group onto ourselves.

I just spent two years as a Genderman as a part of my warrior training.

Now, if he'd be interested and this place wanted a Constable, Uncle Mohdri would be an excellent choice because he has done the position before back in a kingdom known as Silverthorne. From what I've heard and read about he did a great job in the position and was well respected. Also, he has people among the Caldeonian's themselves so he could be the ideal go between between all the new settlers and the Caldeonian's. A lot of people around here respect Uncle Mohdri. Well, among the dwarves and Caldeonians that is.

*Aurora pauses as if to take a breath because she's caught herself rambling on.*

Well, that's just my thought on the subject.
Last edited by Aurora on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Lineage. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that."

As Mohdri removes his hemlet to reveal his Elven ears, "I'm Sylvancon. Wood Elf to most people. But I don't think that's the question you want answered," he says looking at his claws. "These are a ... small remnant of what I once was, before the cataclysm."

As for being in charge, I will step into any position asked, as long as there is no large objections from people. I was Captain of the Guard and Constible in a smallish frontier town in the old kindom of Silvertorn and I do know a few people in the hierarchy of Caledonia."

As for hunting, I would welcome any who is willing to go."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The painted man steps into the firelight. The shadows play havoc with the arcane sigils that cover Abaddon's face. His eyes, one black and one white, made all the more striking by the flickering light.

"Lord Mohdri, I think you would do well to accept the duty of constable. You are the middle road between the old and the new. You helped those of Haven, and are known by those of the new Far Reach. This is a duty that only someone trusted can perform. Since your motives are beyond doubt, I believe you will have the standing for this. I can assure you the House of Chance will fully support you in this task."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Abaddon*

Mr. Abadoon Sir, it's called Fireach Haen or 'Fear-ak A-in' not Far Reach.

*After that she looks at her Uncle and then stares into the fire biting her tongue.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

I'm still trying to understand this new land I find myself in. Is this town under the rule and laws of King Galen? If so, Aurora, what might be the Kings laws since you where one of his Genderman.

Or is this settlement governed by those who reside here since we are at the boarders of King Galens Lands? If that is so, who is in charge, and what are the laws of this settlement?

I have traveled for some time and I make it a point to know laws and people in charge of the place I'm stay ing at. I don't want to accidently break a law or make the peole in charge angry at me for my ingorance.

*Turns to Mohdri*

A wood elf, I have seen some from time to time, but most I know chose to live in the woods. Your the first I have meet that has chosen to live in buildings. It is good to meet a fellow soul of the wild. Shall we leave the confines of these building and go off into the woods to hunt? It's been to long since I let myself go on a hunt.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora pauses for a moment and looks back at Abaddon.*

I appologize. I've called this place by the Caldeonian name ever since I arrived here over a decade ago. I'm not used to hear it being called Far Reach for to me the Caldeonian name is more appropriate. You know like someone mispronouncing a spell and all.

*Turns back to Darkclaw*

Basically keep this one rule from Uncle Sylas in mind "Don't shit where you eat".

You all are going to need to assign leaders, a Constable, and all and come up with your own rules.

I suggest not murdering and stealing from anyone. A personal one of mine is well I hope no one were to use their magic to harm an innocent. I would have an awful time with it and would have to bring said individual to justice and all. Basically bring them before the Constable once you all have one or Inarian for sentensing.

I have a few ideas on that whole leadership thing based on what I've observed from all the new arrivals. There are a few good canditated, one in particular, who I think would be a good choice because said individual could bring everyone together and from what I can see it liked on all sides.

*Looks at Mohdri and at Darkclaw*

Could we please get some fresh air Uncle?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

To Abaddon:
"I appretiate the vote of confidence in my abilities and neutrality"

To Darkclaw:
"Recent events have taken me from some investigations I have been conducting in the last few years to come to the aid of Haven. I just wish I could have sone more. As a general rule, I DON"T dwell in buildings. I see the need of them for safety, usually sleep in one when I have to, but I don't enjoy the confines of them. As for the other Sylvancon, they have decided to remove themselves and leave the rest of the world to the "mercy" of their Sylvandar cousins. I have other ideas on that subject.

To all:
And just to clairify what Aurora said, no, we are not in Caledonia. We are not subject to thier laws. And for those that don't speak "Silas-eese", let me translate to the best I am able. "Don't bring your problems to the feet of the Caledonians." They need our problems even less than we do. If we make a mess, we need to clean it up, not make them do it, nor expect them to even help.

As for laws, I'm sure, at least I hope, some codified laws will put into place quickly. Until then, just watch your stuff, and if you're doing something wrong, I'm sure you will know it quickly enough.

Now, if there isn' anything else, I'll take you up on that offer of hunting Darkclaw. Aurora, you in?
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at everyone*

Oh and with the guards and all please don't treat them as if they were servants or anything like that. Pretty much all the Caldeonian's that are here are trained in combat and various other things. They are here to assist and not implant themselves in on everyone else problems.

*Looks at Mohdri and a huge smiles comes across her face.*

Uncle I'm soooo in on that hunting.

*Looks at Darkclaw*

Mr. Darkclaw, Sir, are you any good in the woods? Both my uncle and I can do the whole scout thing. He taught me in fact...what was it Uncle shortly after you got me of of the Academy?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw laughs when Mohdri say's he does not live in buildings*

That makes much more sense. Thank you for clearing up my questions. You are the first who had the answers. I thank you for that.

And yes lets go hunting. It been to long.
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

Raviel drifts like a ghost over to the fire, silent. He is clad only black "robes"and carrys no visible weapon. His white face with the exception of around his blue eyes is masked by more black cloth. he apears to be observing the people and there equipment gathered around the fire.
Sigh, I supose I will have to kill you too.