Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Yes... yes we have.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

But we do need to keep going....

Theres still and chance to get this ship righted...

And we VERY WELL CANNOT HAVE THAT NOW CAN WE?
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

So, we still haven't resolved this. How long will it take Mike to craft a gun to shoot us? Can someone help him and reduce the time? Can he walk away from the gun to take a dump, or will that restart his time and waste his resources? How many resources does it take to craft a gun? What about bullets?
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Amen, Taki. Amen.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

Grrr can we know before (WELL before) the next event...

I for one and tired of not having straight answers...we're into the Larp season and the rules are still changing...and to me at least as a PC it's fustrating.

When I sew I leave my sewing (or craft) to eat or run to the store..when I come back the material is still where I left it and it is as finished as it was when I left the project...so I feel as though losing resources for something left undone is silly...how are the GM's able to keep track of that?

The biggest reason I think ONE quality armor should not take 4 hours is because in 2 seconds it could be shattered!! (I hate that call...I'm sure all craftsmen do) it already costs a comodity and those are not easy to get...for the bouses quality armor gives you really it's fair. (I can see it taking 2 hours cause it's double the Armor pts)
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Who said the rules are still changing? What rules have we changed? The ruling has always been in the past that you can leave and come back to finish crafting. Keep playing it that way. everything else you read is just chatter at this point and will forever be chatter since we are not changing rules anymore (at least not rules that appear in the book, unless there was a specific contradiction that wasn't cleaned up in this current edit).

It is why eventually we'll just remove these forums because we're still talking about things that have no hope of being changed. We are sorry if people think that the crafting times are too long (it's clear not everyone believes so), but the time for arguments has sadly passed.

As for the FAQ on crafting, it appears from what I have read that the GMs agree that you can leave and come back and it will not impact crafting time. You cannot however craft while you are sleeping. Assume this is fact unless another GM pines something different (at which point I will personally make this thread go on for ten pages and shoot that GM!)

As for shatter, yeah it sucks. But that's why you hardly ever see it. I'm not sure I have ever swung it, in fact.

Does that help?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

What?!? No more changes?

Hostile takeover mode set. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

dier_cire wrote:What?!? No more changes?

Hostile takeover mode set. :)

I need to wack somone over the head.

I need a rolling pin phys-rep.

Can someone craft that for me? :lol:
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Zydana wrote:I need a rolling pin phys-rep.

Can someone craft that for me? :lol:
I'll interrupt them and force them to restart. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I've got a pan physrep....
Travis Cole
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I can craft that for you....not a quality one but a normal old pan, sure!! got 2 steel?

Clarifications I suppose arn't exactly "changes" but in a way it feels like it....I always thought I could craft in my sleep....no big change....
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I here you Shea, I here you! I was pulling for you :D

Ohh, BTW, Chatt, Chatt.....
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Normal pans deal zero damage to Ka. His head is too hard. Now, if you had a master craftsman...
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

But pans frying bacon act as continuous 'Taunt'.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

only if it's beef ;)