Fist Phys-Reps

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

it was my impression you could not get two weapon focus bonus for 1 weapon. Aka, you either get it for a polearm, or you get it for a headed weapon. You do not get it for a headed polearm. That would be just a polearm. Maybe this would be a good Q&A?

It is my understanding to swing 3 damage with a weapon with out hero points is to have a weapon focus, use rage skill, and only be wielding 1 weapon with no shield.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

A weapon that is long enough to be a pole-arm and is headed or bladed would have to be declared either a pole-arm or a headed weapon. You can only get one weapon focus bonus.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Would a Blunt polearm such as a Polehammer or lucern hammer be okay?
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

It'd still just be one or the other, since headed covers hammers and axes.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm okay with one or the other.

I'm more concerned about a Blunt polearm being fine.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I don't see the problem with having the 1 combination where you have to wield a polearm hammer, have 2 disciplines at 4,(which means you can't have a path higher than basic) being able to stack. You're a one trick pony that can do 3 with a two-handed long weapon.

Having to choose for the bonus damage doesn't follow the way the other rules work either, you don't have to choose between polearm and bladed or headed or blunt(although crush may be in savage only).
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You are alot more than a one trick pony. Look at the other skills in those disciplines. They are pretty effective.

A blunt polearm could deal 2 crush (aka a big stick). A bladed polearm could deal 2 vorpal (aka a spear). A bladed polearm could also be poisoned. Now, considering that a polearm could very well be a short spear (like Vince used to wield) I'm not sure I'm a fan of these. Hmm...

need to think on it.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I was thinking 2 crush with a polehammer.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That too.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

two crush over the top of a curved shield, would be sweet.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

A bladed polearm couldn't be poisioned, if you have 2 disciplines at 4 because you can't get the 3rd level in assasin.

If you mean the "have to choose one or the other thing" then that would be a change because it's never been like that before and if it was then someone should have said something long before this because Tim used to poison his polearm and do 5 vorpal poison all the time.

Ried what if the no shield thing was added to the polearm damage bonus? You shouldn't get a damage bonus unless you use it 2 handed anyway.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You're on the same track Nelkie and I talked about on the phone. Bascially, polearms in general need to be two handed weapons I think or at least have a minimum length. I'm kinda torn on this since history has hoplites wielding 6-9ft spears with with heavy shields but for balance it'd make things simple. Of course, if the +1 only applied to a polearm if it was wielded singley (I think that's what you meant) and then rage was just an additional +1, it'd work too.

As for poison I meant Assasin/Pikeman only. You'd deal 2 poison. Not Assasin/Pikeman/Undead Slayer. Tim was fine.

So maybe one of these?
1. Limit length of polearm to 60" minimum
2. Limit the weapon focus bonus of polearms to single weapon only.
3. Limit the dual weapon focus bonus to single weapon only.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes

~the Lunatic fringe~