Reincarnation

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

The only thing I ever worried about with the healing change is that it could possibly make things more deadly for 'squishy' characters, because they are quite a bit more likely to go into negatives than those who wear medium to heavy armor (warriors with no common sence regardless, of course). And I no longer worry, because I have been assured how it won't.

As for anything dealing with FH, I completely agree with Mike. In fact, everything he said above about Corbyn's betrayal was already stated by myself, a player of less than one year, before ever hearing him say any of it. The bad guys didn't kill Haven, the good guys did, through lack of teamwork and over-factionalization. They turned Haven into freaking Survivor.

The only thing talking about PVP does is make it more likely to happen, because referencing it keeps things fresh in the players minds, which adds to the possibility of it happening. The only reason I worry is that I've been trying to get into a LARP for 6-8 years, and I want the maximum fun now that I found you guys. I fully realize that I'm bitching about PVP as much as anyone else, and that's probably an overreaction, because the Night of the Skulls was such an isolated occurance, even in my limited playing experience.

The main problem is that we have sat around all winter, with way too much free time to think about things to bitch about, I'd say. Just need to get the season going.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Most of the PCs who were at that event are dead. Most of the new characters are NOT from FH and really have NO stock in taking it back. Face that and move on. Why the HELL would people who didn't even KNOW the PCs who died WANT TO HONOR THEIR DEATHS?!?
Because they were good people. Because there are things in this world that are bigger than yourself.

You may have missed the fact that I was quoting LOTR movie so I will expand on what I am saying.

Lets go back to the shire. We have done all that we could let the others handle it.

Don't you get it Pip, if we don't do something there will not be a shire to go back to.

I was just using that line because there is truth in it. The characters can stay in Caldonia for ever. Honestly the game will fall apart well before the elves ever reach Caldonia, but that does not mean that the elves are not going to keep taking over the world. With no hero's to stand in their way it will be easy for them to do, and by the time the elves reach Caldonia it will be a harder fight than you had in Haven.

The state of Caldonia is not a punishment it is a fact, which was a fact, on day 1 of FH when we started 6 years ago. I said what I said in an attempt to uplift you and give you hope. To tell you that you can stand against them, but you have to make a choice. You need to work together. You need to cling to the idea that there are things bigger than yourself. You need to use wisdom and not allow Evil into your ranks. You need to operate with hope in your hearts and inspire those around you.

Hope is not lost. Because of the generosity and choices the people of Haven made many who came to your aid in the last battle. There were even groups that showed up because they were helped in the 2nd event.
You can seek out allies. You can find lost items of power to aid you. You could find the heir to Silverthorn! So much that can be done!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Because I am too tired to argue on a night before an event, I just want to pipe in that perhaps someone could really look into reducing the time on Reincarnation from 5 hours. It was discussed, but no conclusions were come to, and it may affect what I need to do this weekend. ^_^ Thanks.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I will bring it up on the GM board for discussion. I will let you all know what we decide on the 5 hour thing.
Chris
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Okay, after avoiding this thread for a while, I finally decided to put in my two cents, since it was brought up that too many people don't speak their piece. That being said...

As another player, personally I don't enjoy a lot of the negative attitudes that have been around here lately. Yes, it's hard to be frustrated as a player, but this is a written medium and people should think about how they're saying things, even if they are extrmemly upset, or even if they aren't. (See Julie's comment about Reid's posts) But I certainly do not think it fair to ride the GM's about things that are beyond their control (Like Vince killing the whole town) or about things that are as yet untested at an event. (The new healing rules) It certainly does suck to have such a long downtime between a downer of a last event, but have hope, people!

May is a chance for a lot of new beginings. And as for wanting to go back to retake Haven? Hell yeah! Being one of the few survivors, I think it will pose an interesting challenge to motivate the other PCs to join the cause and will provide some excellent RPing opportunities. I'm already so very intrigued by the new characters that have showed up to play on the in game forums and I look very forward to interacting with them in person and with all the other new characters that don't have internet access... :) I think it's a very powerful lesson that most of the survivors took with them about acting as a cohesive unit or suffer the consequences.

And I agree with Chris. This is supposed to be a game about heroes. Why would a bunch of heroes ignore the maurauding elves just to save their own butts? Somehow I don't see that. (And BTW, long live the heir of Silverhtorne, Harrison is loyal to the end! :wink: ) I know that ultimately the GM staff will let it be the PC's decision. That's one of the things I love about this game.

Because it's not said enough, THANK YOU to everyone who works so very hard to provide a fun environment for all of us. If you're not having fun, by all means, address your concerns. But please do it politely or IMO, go home. The GMs have enough stress to deal with without listening to people rant at them constantly.

And CJ, being that I play one of the squishiest characters out there, I have no fear of the new healing rules...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Daine has absolutely no wish to avenge the heroes of Haven, actually. In his mind, he was witnes to perfect evidence about how their inability to find evil in their own ranks led to innocent people getting killed. He was IN the fishing village when it was sacked by the elves, the very same elves that Ka and Corbyn went to and told about how and when we were sending allies to defend that town, immediately after our decision to send help there.

As he sees it, he's disenchanted with how Haven's 'protectors' dropped the ball. His motivations for taking the fight to the elves are:

-Avenging the deaths of his family and friends.

-If you can't trust others to protect you, it simply means you have to step forward and do some of the work yourself.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

If anyone still cares, we have moved reincarnation to 90 minute casting time for the WH event. Expect an official spell update to the same effect by the FH event.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Most wars are started over natural resources. FH has the best and most abundent resources around. If the town wants to enjoy the surplus they once had, they will have to go to war with the elves. It can be as simple as growth and economics.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Elves = magey types

Wanna beat down magey types...LOL :D
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I haven't had a chance to read all of this because it seemed to explode over a day or two but a couple things:

1. Ried and Nelkie don't run the show and if I were a GM I would be FURIOUS with anyone that said that and truly hurt that they believed it. I'm upset that people think I'd let that happen without ranting and raving all over these boards about it. Do they have quite abit of influence with the GM's, yes. Do other people, definitely. They are very good at one part of the rules, making sure they balance and going over the rules for loopholes. The GM's also recognize that there are other people that are good at other parts of the rules and they certainly take into account their opinions. What I think is the problem is that because the GM's don't always pat everyone on the back every time they say something that they consider as good advice they assume it isn't even considered. I can assure you this is not the case, the GM's appreciate all of our input. I know the GM's think sometimes I don't trust them but I do, I'm just ALWAYS ALWAYS looking out for the players interests and trying to make sure that all aspects of things are considered.

2. Why are people arguing over what other peoples characters should think or feel? That's just recockulous, play your character, deal with things the way you want to and let everyone else do what they will. There are alot of reasons that a person may want to be in Haven, where there's food aplenty, a waterfront, diverese groups around us, and basically the realization that the elves are not gonna stop at Haven. And yes, ALL of Haven's leadership, even those that led from the shadows FAILED the people. Everyone is going to blame someone else, but those are the inescapable facts.

3 The GM's and some of the other people put ALOT of time and effort into trying to make this game fun for EVERYONE and it seems like people don't appreciate that much at all. That people fele like they could do a better job. Then start your own chapter or go ask the WH GM's to join their GM staff and see how much time and effort it takes just to be a small part of trying to help out. I know I have a VERY VERY busy life and I take time to help out as asked. I could care less about recognition for it, but I do care about people thinking that it's no big deal. Everyone has their own lives, and most of us aren't single 18 year olds living at home with no kids. Think about that when you are disparaging people for what they've worked on, they don't have to do it at all and trust me, this game wouldn't be half of what it is without it. If I were Ried, Nelkie or one of the GM's I would have already decided the effort wasn't worth all the bullshit. Count yourselves lucky that there are people that are devoted enough to stay the course in the face of constant shit.

4 Of course there is going to be some hard feelings OOG, it's nearly impossible not to have them. Most of the people that play this game are very passionate about it, that's one of the things that sets this game apart is that alot of the people are very passionate about the game. Along with that will be hard feelings when things happen thay may not like. Realize it and try and understand that is what's happening and try and rise above it.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

This will probably be the last I have to say on this. Mostly because I've said what I had to say and I have an event to get reasy for.

The fact of the matter is this: People feel as they do. Feelings are not rational, reasoning, nor have to be founded on anything solid. They just are. And no matter what the reason, many people feel as Heidi and I have tried to tell you. I'm mostly a messenger for those who don't want to get caught up in this mess, and who can blame them. In the end, I have shared their feelings, worries, and fears. I have been as honest and straight forward as I am capable. I have shared their feelings because we LOVED FH, and everyone I have talked to wants to feel that love again. That's all.

You now know what the silent majority is feeling. Whether you think they are right or wrong in their feelings is irrelevent. It's now they feel. More than anything, they just want to fall in love with the game again, NEED that hope and promise of a bright future (and less genocide). Please believe me when I say that they want so badly to be happy and love FH. They want to love their characters, and the story they are building. But, they are scared, hurt, and feel like there's a lot of changed going on in an already uncertain time. It's natural and human for them to feel some level of apprehension. So, I have tried to share. Now you are armed with that information. Do with it what you will.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I need to comment. There is no silent majority only a loud minority.

With our minority that is on this board I see alot of very positive people who are excitted for the event. Maybe those people are all East side people with the exception of 4 other people, but people seem to generally support us from what I can tell or they would not continue to pay to come.

Now if I am wrong, and we have a 10 person event we can just move back to Brighton. No big deal.

Again the only concern that I have been able to understand is the concern of the res which was changed. Good job Christen for your suggestion!

As for the other concerns, I will be honest that I have little understnading of the other concerns. I have a PM from heidi in chat right now that honestly I just did not understand the message she was trying to convey. :)

And if your concerns were one of the concerns that Mike said he will no longer adress it is because it has been addresed.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I'm a process driven black and white person. I understand people are upset, fustrated, on edge, and pissed their charcter died. Who wouldn't be. Last event just killed the town, who would not be upset about that.

My question is, what would like done about it?

I have read all the posts and still have no idea what you are asking. I understadn where you are coming from, but don't know what you are looking for. I'm a man and I need it spelled out. We all want to make the game enjoyable for all and want to help. Help us help you so the game is enjoyable again for you.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I think that Nelkie hit it on the head, what is the big beef? Or even the little beefs. All I read is that the GM's don't listen to some people, well those are some of the same people that think that noone ever listens to them unless they get their way all the time. Telling people over and over that the GM's do listen seems to not be listened to so... what exactly is it that people are so upset about besides the fact that the game isn't exactly how they'd like it because I have news for you. IT'S NOT EXACTLY HOW ANYONE LIKES IT! and that includes each and every one of the GM's.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

The GMs dont listen
I havent heard a peep from anyone. *shrugs*

~the Lunatic fringe~