Some more questions

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

correct. It would definately be beneficial to note which one is the most important as well.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

If they are separate skills, each purchased seperately and do effectively different things, I would like to know the reasoning behind not being able to use both inbetween events, on different things. If I can research or investigate and hunt (wilderness survival) why not the other?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

because there is only so much time between events. Research and Investigate take time and the more time you put into them, the better the results. If you do both, one of them is going to suffer. As I stated above, its not strictly verboten to do both. As GMs we will weight each request and determine the outcome based on time available, complexity of the requests, and conflicting plot or PC activity.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Then wouldn it be better to say that there is a baseline of information that you can get if you do multiple things (whatever it may be) inbetween events, and that if you focus on one, that you COULD get more information.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Because there isnt a 'baseline' to give. It states right in the rule,
Only one thing can be researched. There are no fixed times for research. You are not guaranteed to learn anything.
Independantly each skill functions this way. With both you get a bonus. Could be time, could be detial. In either case,
You are not guaranteed to learn anything.
Because of the vague and fluid nature of the skill, a baseline is impossible to establish.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Baseline" is variable base on what is being researched/investigated. Ok. But to say that to use one, limits the use of the other is effectively nerfing the skill.

Just say you can use both, but if you use both for the same purpose you will get more.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Doesn't slander give you a negative pool the same size as your own? To me that's saying you have enough time to keep up your obligations AND have you and your people do enough work sabotaging someone elses reputation. Now I've never really understood this entire concept of how you could do that and not have it be clear to everyone it was you and your organization, but would that negatively affect your research or investigation? If not then why does anything else?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*bump* Anyone got an answer for this question?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It may or it may not. It depends on GM descretion.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite