36%
No way, Firefly sucks
No votes

Total votes: 22
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Well I think this sounds like a heck of a lot of fun (been a fan since the very first show and was sad when it was cncled). Nat thinks I'm crazy :) so that means it must be a good idea. And now I understand why Aaron was asking me to get a air gun the other day.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Vince, you could let Brett carry the battery for the mini gun. It looked like a small boat battery from the video which can't be light.

That being said, I still think we should come in with SoCo with some p90s and a sniper rifle dressed up like a staff. Nelkie could use that since whenever he talks bad things happen anyway. :) SoCo can be the nerdy one who always thinks everything is a bad idea, and I'll be a techno geek.

Oh wait, this is firefly... nvm. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I like it if the only thing Nelkie is allowed to say is, "Indeed". That would solve many problems. :)
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

well there goes the extent of my vocabulary....
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Indeed
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

screw the p90 or m134. I want this...

http://www.floridaairsoft.com/reviews/venom/
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I guess I'm strange, I just wanna be a mechanic with a shotgun.............kinda 'Wash meets Kaylee'.

I'm already working on getting a family member to make me an applique of the "Blue Sun" symbol so I can put it on a trucker hat....
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Cj is awesome.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Don't get me wrong, I never said I wanted it for roleplaying, I just want one. :)

For the game, I'll use something much tamer I'm sure. Btw, the 3 round shotguns are cool (especially the ammo).
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I've been out with the flu so I havent been online for about a week. I will be catching up for a few days. I just wanted to let you guys know that I got a response from the creator and organizer of the UK LRP and he has given permission to use the rules and has offered his help with any tips or questions we may have. I will be setting up some forums for the project soon. Do we want them part of the FH boards or would you prefer I make a completely new phpBB for them?

Once we get the forums up, we will start working in ernest on the logistics. We need a date and a site pretty soon. I figure the cost will be split even amongst the players. As a side note, I was planning on requiring Bio-degradable ammo.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

I'd think here would be fine if it's just the one shot event. If you decide to make it a longer running thing, then I'd think a new forum would be required.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Where are you thinking of having the event? If you can't have it at a place like Rota-Kiwan, I know there's a couple of cabin units in Yankee Springs State Park (the Chief Noonday unit, and the Long lake Unit, respectively, I think) It's near Gun Lake, halfway between Grand Rapids and K-Zoo, bout 7 miles off 131.

I'm not sure if you can get them on such short notice if you want the event to be this spring, but they are both nice places, (very spread out with half a country's worth of woods) each attached to a lake, and the guy running them doesn't mind midieval guys (and Gals). I went to Belegarth/Dagorhir events at each of the two places over two consecutive years. I know he has trouble scheduling sometimes because of youth group state requirements, though.

They are also about 4 and 5 miles from my house, respectively. :lol:
Euan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Euan »

I'm awfully sad I won't be able to play :( but here are a couple of links for ya:

<---lost about 10 links and don't have time to replace them right now--->

Western Clothes (they also have a great Virtorian shop)

There are lots of cool prop sites and info if you search around
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I found some cheap doublebarrel airsoft scattergun. spring loaded, and breach loading, they fire only 2 pellets, but gods do they look cool.
Travis Cole
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Cj is awesome.

Quick! Someone tell my girlfriend!!