New Armor Rules

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Here is my rough reverse engineered sketchof the Actionsoft guns

In my sketch, the wooden plug could be replaced by a PVC end plug (not cap) that the spring could rest against. You would then drill through the plug and the barel for the Pivot screw which would give it more strngth.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Kelly Peters (the former owner of Shifted Lands) had started a Tek-Wars LARP about 5 years ago that used the foam paint balls.

It was a short lived experiment that never really made it off the ground.

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

hmm, you'd probably want to put the trigger catch behind / inside the end of the spring, otherwise you'd enact more impact than straight push on the ball. Impact at a bad angle can jam and/or cause screwball shots. I'd have to see them to be sure, but my guess is the density of the foam is probably semi non symetrical so any spin other than backspin would be bad (it's like throwing a cheap meijer ball and wondering why it doesn't fly straight). I spent too much money testing that crap with paintballs. And with foam I doubt even the benfit of backspin would offset the reduced exit velocity.

Hmm, interesting project. Easy to do a gravity fed or spring fed system since they are paintball sized. May have to buy some of those foam balls to play with.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

....i am speechless....not only is that a real cool idea, but that site they play at would be TOTALLY kick ass....the whole mean streets idea and what not look cool...

I was looking at the Phoenix arms site, and OMG I SO WANT A SAW!!!! lol and airsoft SAW would be the best EVAR!!!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

WayneO42 wrote:Its open source fantasy. If they wanted to use it for futuristic LARP they would have to modify the wording in a lot of the skills.
But it's not open source... It's trademarked and copy written, and Chris has said he'd sue people if he had to.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Not exactly

I said that anyone could use it how ever they wished....to a point.

If someone used our material to make a bunch of money then yes I might ask for a piece.

If a person started a final haven larp and then claimed to be the official final haven larp then yes I would have to shoot them down.

If someone started running an unofficial LARP with our game rules then yes I am totally cool with that.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sorry, I teach this stuff at work. I don't mean to be nit picky/bitchy, but there is a difference.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

At one time, I thought it said Open Source on it somewhere, though. I don't see it now, but then again I didn't dig either, since I'm not that concerned.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We should probably add something like the Open Gaming License to it.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!