Helmets

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Helmets

Post by General Maximus »

I just realized, the helemt rules need to be tweaked to follow the new armor rules. Since there is no such thing as fake and real any more. Please update and fix since I am not a wrtter.

Here is the suggested rewording.
An additional location that can be armored is the head. All hemets must look in perios and is awarded as follows:

1 Armor Point:
The helmet is made out of some type of flexible, thick cloth type material. A hat would be considered a fake helmet. Also, fake is any helmet made from a stiff, hard material and only covers 50% of head (hard leather bands, chain mail bands, etc...) Note: A dew rag is not considered a helmet.

Bonus for material and coverage:
A helm made from a stiff, hard material, and covers a certain portion of the head. Typical materials are hard leather, metal, chain mail. Armor points ae award as follow:

Covers top of the head – 1 Combat Reflexes
Covers top of the head and back of the neck – 1 Armor Point and 1 Life Point
Covers top of the head, back of the neck, and at least 50% of the face – 1 Combat Reflexes and 1 Life Point
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

You seem awefully fixated on the flexibility/rigidity of armor.
GLOMP!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

as long as he doesn't the turgidity of armor.
Travis Cole
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

the word flaccid was my concern, but I'll agree on turgid
GLOMP!
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I just love the fact that now my chainmail helm with a chainmail aventail(the part that covers the neck) actually get's me a LP and AP now, instead of the the old "light helms" 1 AP, because of the old rules "must have cheek plates to me a medium helm" and mine doesn't. Whoop-de-doo.

Hooray for being one step closer to what many things in the game should be- simple(er) fantasy. Death to all rollplayers, I might add.