Resource transfer

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Resource transfer

Post by Peace420 »

Isn't that how it was supposed to be from the beginning? That you could only go through a gate once between events to go to another chapter? I didn't think you could even come back through in the same IBE.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

That is what I thought to, but some people where taking advantage of the gates and transfering all their resources from chapter to chapter.

All I have to say is Chessy!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

that is why it's being spelled out in the rules.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Yeah thats utter crapola, no wonder resources seem to spring from the earth sometimes.

I thought it was spelled out when the gates were introduced into game.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

spelled out where?

I see nothing in the rule book, and nothing in the rule update.

where pray tell are new players supposed to get this information?

You are allowed to do things between games, you can build things, you can go for a walk.

why WOULDN't you be able to go back and forth? so, there needs a printed rule stating such.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

and so now there is
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I would like to make some comments on this.

I always believed the rule book tells a character what they can do. If it is not in the rule book, or on tag, you can not do it. And no where in the rule book does it say how the gates work. And I have no clue if a tag was ever written up for the gate.

Did anybody who was using the gate ever get written or even verbal permission from a FH GM to go back and forth and carry resources?

If you didn't, you should not have been transporting resources like you have been. It gave you a large bonus and in my opinion it was boardline cheating.

We play this game for fun, and creating your own work around with out GM approval leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would have tried the same thing, but would have gotten permission from the FH GM's before trying it.

Bottom line, if your trying something that is not defined or spelled out in the rules, ask the FH GM's for permission before trying it in game.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

excellent and terrific except that we are multiple chapters with multiple GM's

But I am not going to spend time arguing where we should put the info it is a waiste of time. Now everyone knows. Lets move on to removing fake armor.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I don't disagree. It says that between events need to be turned in to a GM. It says that right in the rule book.

Now, the reason I want this in place, is because I want a reason to say NO. You can walk around between events, you can travel. why logically could you not go back forth through the gates? there is no good reason other than because we say so.

Now, I have no idea who has been doing this, and I don't care. I want it spelled out so I can tell them no. I have no idea how big a deal this is, but the FH guys think it's important.

you should never, ever be able to circumvent in game things, out game.

Now, this rule does NOT change that people can bring resources. they have to build a container and heft it in. That is fine. That is what those are for.

This loophole is now closed. Calling cheese is not a good reason to leave gaping loophole open.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I'm cool with people bring resources with them between chapters as long as they properly physrep the containers. It's a big pain in the butt to do it, so I don't see many people doing it.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

holy cow it was. you made the phoenix container we freaking carried.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

yeah, and I really don't want to do it again. It took up alot of room getting it there and it was painful getting it from point A to point B
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Yeah thats why I never did it, takes up too much room in my car and is another thing to bring and set up and it just never really seems worth it unless you REALLY REALLY need it, which has happened maybe 2 times since the inception of the container rules and 1 of those times was when that huge cage you guys brought was there.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

So I have a question then.. by what I am reading.. are containers merely for Transporting resources or Storing them as well...

For instance can you just put like 50 resources in a little box as long as you never move it.. or are you supposed to put in a Container listed in the rules, one that can carry 50 resources?

I ask because I know of people who have told me that they store their resources in small boxes because the rules say containers are only for "Carrying" resources, not storing.. I was wonderign if that could be explained better?
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

It is my understanding the containers are used for both storage and moving of resources. If the resources are not stored in one of these or a building, than they must be left out in the open. That is my understanding and I will look at the rules.