A couple small questions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

A couple small questions

Post by Sheogorath »

1) Do thrown weapons need to be upkept, in that they are not spell packets but actual really small foam daggers. And would it it make a difference if they were only used for being thrown and not Melee combat?

3) Under the assassin rule, you can poison arrows, now do you have to poison each arrow when being shot or can you poison all of them at once then use them without having to wait the minute in between each one, either by holding all your arrows in your hand so really I never sheathed it, or having the inside of the quiver be laced with poison.

2) Can you, using the same assassin rule, poison the above mentioned thrown daggers?

4)Under the archer rule a heavy crossbow can do a base 2 vorpal damage with the additional time cost, does it have to be a crossbow? Can it be a heavy bow or can the 'heavy' be role played with the time penalty and still use a normal bow?

5) When, or even if, would the rule changes be officially posted? Just wondering if anything important is happening.
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Here are some answers based on my expereince.

1. Yes, if it is a crafted weapon, it needs to be upkept. You can throw rocks if you are a gernader which do not take any upkeep.

2. & 3. If memory serves me, you can coat all the arrows and bolts at once, but not a hand full of daggers.

4. It needs to be a cross bow
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Unlesss it's changed, Arrow is singular. Dagger is also singular.

So unless it changes, then it's only one.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

What if it is not a crafted weapon? Meaning they have no tags and are basically physreps of daggers that can only be thrown and cannot be used in melee combat.

About the crossbow, why is it that way? Are there not bows that are just as or more powerfull then certain crossbows or am I wrong in thinking this?
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

it has to be a fist phyrep.

not a claw.

not a dagger.

why? because the fist phyrep represents your actual hand. It is colored white to denote this. you can not substitute other weapons for it unless it says so.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Um, Travis what are you talking about?

Anyway, as for the dagger shaped phys-rep. I don't see why it's a problem, but for all mechanical purposes, its still a rock, just a dagger shaped one.

As for crossbows, typically, the gearing mechanisms make them stronger. We don't have strength in this game, thus no Heavy Bows. If you want to look into Crafting a Heavy Bow that requires Press (our only in game strength) to use but does +1 damage, go nuts.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

never mind. I'm on a different thread.

Man I can be a nugget.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

with any luck we will have rule changes posted next week.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Yay

Can't wait to see them and btw and early thank-you for all the hard work some of up put into this.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Thanks for the answers!
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

The upkeep issue was one of the reasons I use packets as Garritt at WH, because I figure that'd take the wondering out of it, so I didn't have to constantly explain that the throwing knives were stand-ins for Gren. packets because everyone kept telling me that they would have to be upkept.

On the other hand, I found that packets fly much better than most coreless throwing weapons, and they are easier to carry in number as well, so it turned out ok.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Also for note on the poison issue. Once the arrow or dagger is shot/thrown, you cannot retrieve it and use it again (well not with poison anyway). You must charge poison again. This is only based on the reading of the current rule.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Another question:

Now I know you cannot unlearn you main path, but can you unlearn the additional skills from other paths you acquire?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

yup, I've done it a few times.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

A follow up, can you unlearn your main path, not skill by skill but an entire chunk. Like going from master to Intermediate or Intermediate to beginner?

And say I unlearn my second disciplines, does my third move down to the second slot for fewer points or do I learn a new one in with the seconds cost?
Last edited by Sheogorath on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.