Journey to civilization

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

"I remember you, Johnathan. The time that was spent in the cave was quite perplexing. I hope that I may still count you as an ally in trust. As close spaces tend to create temporary allies where more permanent ones may not flourish. If you and the once nude Euan wish to come with the Lady Vane and I; I have no current arguments about it." He says this while not letting go of the hilt of his sheathed sword. "As for where we were going, it would be in the general direction we were walking. There was no actual known destination."

He slants his gaze back to Euan, "Who and where is this woman who told you to bath? I admit I might have been unobservant for a time, yet I see no one but the four of us and the Nameless here." He says the last, nods to the avian perched on Vane's glove.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Euan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Euan »

"Forgie, me. Ye wad hae tae be blind nae tae see her, but ye canna ken her. Ma leddy is Phanterra hersel. She speaks tae me an A obtemper."
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Vane goes noticeably paler at the mention of Phanterra. "So." She says, simply, her hand drops slightly as she is so distracted and she recovers herself only when the Nameless spreads wings and beats them once or twice in an effort to remain balanced.

She pauses, then speaks. "Indeed, this world speaks and breathes around us." She says, with a smile. "It is a wise man to heed the words of the world on which he treads."
Siren
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Siren »

Interesting, she thought from her perch within the trees. She had covered herself well so not be noticed by the strangers treading upon the lands she loved and all of them intruding on her slumber.

Her training taught her better than to get close to those who she did not know would do her harm, but she approached quietly. Still hiding beside her veil of darkness and disguise. She lay prefectly still, above them in the branches, listening to the conversation knowing that the sound of the water splashing from the waterfall would hide any sound she made.
"GET 'EM?! That's your brilliant plan?!"
"Well - It looked good and paper!"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

"We attempt a journey to more civilized lands." Vane says. "I would like to welcome all of you to accompany us, if you would."
JonathanBreygan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by JonathanBreygan »

"The more of us there are, the safer we should be on our trip. I accept your offer."

He cocks his head as if trying to hear something, After a second he shakes his head and mumbles something about the wind, dismissing what ever he thought he heard.

Hanging his mace off his belt he goes over and positions himself at the left handle of the travios, preparing to help with the load.
Jonathan Breygan, Undead Slayer

If men had wings and bore black feathers,
few would be clever enough to be crows ~Beachler
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Vane smiles behind the slightly translucent fabric in something akin to graditude when Jonathan grasps the other pole of her travois. "This is not the cruel world I once remember." She says in distant thoughtfulness.
Siren
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Siren »

Great... I can barely hear them, she thought.

She glanced down and lowered herself a little further still hiding until... *crack*

She froze, her face turning pale under her cloak, as she held her breath...
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Andian focuses on the sound. He doesn't look up to the branch, "If you would kindly stop your ease-dropping and join us." He holds his hand on the hilt of his still sheathed sword as he comes over to the tree and kicks the base of it.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Siren
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Siren »

It was fun while it lasted, thought the Valkyn'Vi.

The Valkyn'Vi dropped to the ground landing on her feet. She threw back her hood. Her appearance was simple. She was taller than most would imagine with a curvaceous figure. Her coffee colored hair framed her face as the elegant designs of slate and snowy lines framed her outer eyes and cheeks. Her forehead was crowned with gemstones with one shaped like a moon in the center.

"You woke me from my slumber. I was merely making sure you meant no harm to me or mine."

She extended a hand to the one who had kicked the tree. "My name is Siren."
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Andian smiles appears abruptly and vanishes as quick. This once again seeming practiced and focused, as though he's concentrating on trying to be convincing. He doesn't release his hand from the hilt of his sword. He grabs Siren's forearm with his other hand in a swift and firm shake. "Forgive the awkwardness of my greeting, it is quite strange that there would be so many individuals in one uncivilized area. Though you are a welcome spirit here, it is difficult to relinquish my suspicions."

"Unless", Andian pauses,"There is a settlement of others nearby."

Almost as a last minute thought he releases grip of her forearm, "I apologize for my rudeness by not introducing myself and the other. I am Andian Eannon, knight of the Frozen Way." He nods to each in turn. "This is Vane, Queen of Briars, the Nameless, Johnathan, and Euan."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Siren
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Siren »

Siren bows to those around her. "A pleasure to meet you all."

Glancing around her asks asks the group "Where are you from? And where are you headed?"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

"Destiny draws us, thus." Vane says, her skin looking exceptionally paler than usual. "Or perhaps it is just happenstance." She turns to Siren and touches two fingers to her forehead. "And a greetings to you, some-sister." She says, her voice slightly cryptic. "In any case...do any of you know the way to civilized lands? Or do none yet stand?" She asks.
Euan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Euan »

"Weel A dae nae knaw nocht aboot Destiny or Happenstance but A dae knaw that Civilization daes yit conteena. A juist dae nae knaw where A am...."

Euan trails off, stops and the cocks his head as if listening to something off to his right.

"Oh, Aye! She says we should gae this wey."

He motions with this walking stick, further to his right.
Siren
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Siren »

Siren took a step back. She did not like being touched.

"I am from Caledonia. I was scouting the lands and decided to take a nap when you came passing back. There are a group of settlers beyond the borders from there. They are survivors. I can take you to the settlement if you would like or I can take you back to Caledonia. Which-ever you prefer, they are in the same direction," she stated agreeing with Evan and pointing to the right.

Siren lifted her hood over her head once more and glanced at the group before pulling it warmly around her. 'Is it just me or is it suddenly getting colder,' she thought as a slight shiver slid over her.