List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Also, we've never really needed more than 1 per person since rarely are people drawing chips for life. If they are that low, they are handled using the loopholes.

And, honestly, a single healer with a 15 chip bag is a pretty good option. At 7 chips, you're only .7% more likely to die than middle ground, and even then, it's only 7% more likely than the best option.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

I personaly think having only a surgeon to heal past -9 will put more fear into negatives and death which I think is needed.
Personally, I think making death something to be even more scared of would make me call 'Shenanigans'. Especially if you want people to play something other than warriors. With the high damage NPC's almost always put out currently, Healers and Empath's would get killed off. The last event I heard a NPC swinging 5 crush like it was swinging a simple sword for 1. I know it's to counter the damage that experienced characters can put out, but it's way too much for characters that are only a couple of events old.

The last WinterHaven in Nov. I was playing my new Empath/Grenadier character Garritt for the first time, who was 4th level because of levels gained during the Burning Skulls event. During one battle Travis's NPC hit me with a 30 boom, and wasn't even aiming for me. With full life, the most armor I could wear, and a buff of 2 life from accepting Necromancy, I still got instantly dropped to -15 health in one hit.

With two health potions and endurance, I was still about 5 seconds from death before NewGuy could save me.

Making it even harder for me to survive that because warriors keep running into battle with 1 life and no armor because they aren't roleplaying well would really suck, but that may just be me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

A 30 magic is a scary thing. Letting an empath get that charged will be bad for someone without resist magic, heavy armor, or a shield and that person will most likely be drawing chips. However, assuming that person is over 10 life and armor when hit, they won't be drawing any chips.

Now if you aren't playing a warrior, don't be on the front line. This is a bad idea. Find a warrior with a shield and stay behind him. Chuck those 2s out at anything holding a packet or not attacking someone to keep enemy charges down. A grenadier has a great ability to control the flow of combat.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

how do you KNOW i wasn't aiming at you? OHH yah, I'm a terrible shot.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Not that I'm one to talk about the wrong path trying to be a front line fighter, but AI was thinking the same thing. If your specialty is throwing stuff, stay in the middle of friendly people and throw stuff. :wink: I understand your concern CJ, but everyone except the warriors with lots of armor or someone with resist magic is in the same boat if they are hit with a 30, it's always always been a erally nasty call, especially since you can throw it. ried is right, you have to keep the empaths from charging 30's, thats the best way to avoid getting your character blown to smithereens. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Also for note, the above scenario doesn't really change even with the new rules since you probably had a surgeon heal you anyway. In fact, you can now have more potions once you get above -9.

Now if you were whacked into -25 or so, then it'd be different.
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

Oh, I wasn't anywhere near the front line. It was during the cathedral battle around the essence pool, and I wasn't near the front. Travis just got really lucky and I pretty much intersected a dodged packet while stooping to get more ammo.
Chuck those 2s out at anything holding a packet or not attacking someone to keep enemy charges down. A grenadier has a great ability to control the flow of combat.
Believe me I was doing it. It's been shown that Garritt has the unnerving ability to machinegun packets. :twisted:
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

With the high damage NPC's almost always put out currently, Healers and Empath's would get killed off.
That's the thing, if we made this change, we wouldn't have to have as high of damage.
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

That's a part I didn't catch, so it led to some of the frustration. 'Cause if the damage output stayed where it is, and death became worse, phweeeew.....that'd be scary for non-warrior types that still want to be somewhere in the action.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

*ahem* YAY Newguy!!!

that is all
GLOMP!