The outskirts of Caledonia

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I see. You simple do not understand that it was Ingram's planning Against roderick. Did you ever ask yourself, why the 250 fold army never attacked Haven? Or what happened to the vast horde Woodhold had? What about the terrible sickness that plagued their troops? Your rule had been propped up long ago.

As yourself who sacked kendal keep?"

"As for keeping power away from Corbyn, you seem to have placed an inordinate amount in his hands. The Ring being the latest. Interesting that you escaped. I wonder if it were truly an accident.

Still, you will be watched here. We will do anything it takes to keep Caledonia from the same fate as haven. "
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

HAHA, just as I said, never taking the full responsibility, always shirking the duty and playing it safe. Knowing that whoever is in charge is the person with the target and the burden of responsibility.

You will be watched as well, outsider, I've known Galen longer than you've been here, his son and his daughter and his advisor. If he believed I had ill will to his lands he would not have extended an offer to bring our people here.

Continue to believe you and your ilk have no blame or fault in what happened. I don't need to convince any of you of that, it's obvuious that would be a waste of my time.

*Atrum turns and goes back to moving through the villagers and talking to them ignoring Abbadon*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"You were told corbyn's a year ago. You were more interested in becoming a regent. Did not Ingram shout to any who would listen that COrbyn was a traitor? You simply refused to believe that you could be guiled. run and hide if you must.

To anyone, I offer a message of hope, and of safety. Myself and Ingram will protect you to the last breath. we will do what be done, and will will not willingly ignore threats to Lord Galen, or this land. Only evil should fear to tread here."
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

*Ingram stops walking, and speaks loudly enough for Atrum to hear him.*

"Until you reclaim Silverthorne's ring from Corbyn, Atrum, I highly doubt I nor anyone with a semblance of a grasp on reality will give your counsel credence. While I must admit, it is refreshing to hear you admit that your arrogance and ambitions caused you to fail in your duties, I have more important things to do than listen to your impotent moaning about responsibility."

*Ingram walks away and into his tent.*
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

* A Familiar figure enters the scene*

"I will die before I admit to being saved by Ingram and his men. My life is owed to Gaul and Esmeraelda for showing me that Atrum and Iwere in fact not the only survivors like I thought. If We had not found them or they us, i was on my way to challenge Corbyn and assuredly die. There lives gave me hope of revenge for the betrayal of my friends."

*A white hot fire burns in Sethreals eyes as he takes his place next to Atrum*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*When things become tense Aurora slides over to where Esmerelda is standing to make certain that if the situation gets out of hand to unarmed woman would be safe. She then stands there and observes the men discuss titles and who is at fault about what occurred in Haven and all of that. She keeps a look out to see if any of the children are watching as well.*

*She turns to Esmerelda and whispers*

Ummm....Esmerelda how about you introduce me to your friends *motions towards Atrum and Sethreal* when I come back here later. I think now isn't exactly the best time for introductions. If you'd like to m'lady, you are more then welcome to accompany me to my lesson so these...ummm...individuals can sort out their differences.
Last edited by Aurora on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan stands watching the exchange with a slowly-increasing look of amazement. Finally, shortly after Sethreal speaks up, he claps his hands together.*

"Well, this is a real screw job, isn't it? You people are crying like a bunch of pansy bitches. 'Oh, you failed us', 'No, you failed us', 'You're arrogant', 'No, you're arrogant', 'It's your fault', 'No, it's your fault', wanh, wanh, wanh. You're like friggin' children!"

"Ingram, you did a hell of a job getting us out of that cave - and Abaddon, you blew the hell out of those golem-things. I appreciate some destruction, yes I do, but blaming Atrum is stone cold stupid. Last I knew, Corbyn was being talked about as the Great Betrayer, no? That means he was the bad guy, not Atrum. You want to make another Corbyn? Blame people who just survived hell, talk a bunch of crap about them, and then stalk off trying to look important. Yeah, that'll help rebuild your community. Morons!

I see now why your secret attempts failed - I don't see a trigger man among you. If Atrum was such a big threat, you should have offed him and anyone who supported him and been done with it. You may have had an idea of what was going on, but you clearly didn't have the balls to do anything about it, not anything that worked, anyway.

Atrum over here gets his share of the blame, too. Looks like he got duped, and everybody paid the price. As the leader that makes him responsible - of course, looks like half the people in town were doing their own thing, so it's pretty hard to blame him for the town's failure when he never really got the chance to lead half of it.

Point blank, you're all a bunch of idiots. You didn't work together, you trusted the wrong people, and a bunch of your friends died because of it. No one gets to come out of that clean, however self-righteous they may be. EVERYONE failed, and it's EVERYONE"S FAULT. If you can't get that through your whining, weak-ass heads, you're all gonna die out here.

This Corbyn asshole may have won the battle, but unless you people can get over yourselves, he's going to win the war."

*Korrigan smiles slowly*

"Of course, if you can't get over yourselves and you really do hate each other this much, you may as well settle this right here. Let's see who has the stones to draw steel and end this, 'cause if you don't, you'd best get over it and get to business."

*Korrigan watches all parties, waiting...*
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Ren smiles from his perch in the bell tower, as he listens to Korrigan speak his own feelings eloquently, until he mentions the baring of steel. Standing he grabbed ahold of the bell's rope and pulled with al his might. Wincing as the bell's voice echoed through his body, he continued to ring furiously, his screaming drowned out by it's metalic peal.

Pulling his cloak from his shoulders, and freeing his large, black Avyana wings, he lept from the tower, his swift fall, seemingly not slowed by his wings at all. Landing in a crouched postion, and apparntly breaking his leg from the way he limped and cringed towards the arguing group.**

"No! There has been enough fighting between us already. The people can not take their leaders fighting like children with sharp toys, nor can they take another one of their own bleeding in the street."

** He continued to approach, the fury in his eyes growing with every excrutiating step. Stopping in front of Atrum, blocking his path away from Ingram, Abaddon, and Korrigan, he looked at each of them in turn.**

"Shame on you. Shame on you all. Atrum, Ingram, I have never known two men who cared more for the people then you two. Ingram, I know you have sacrificed alot to bring us all here, we all owe you our lives many times over. Atrum, a more noble leader, I have never met, you are always more than willing to put your own life on the line to defend the least of us. Put aside your differences, and petty political squabbling, and help us. We need you both at your best.

Don't forget how much we have sacrificed to follow you here. Don't forget how we put our lives on the line every day to stand next to you. When you question each other like this in public, we are the ones who suffer. We are the ones who are forced to question why we didn't just submit to the elves and live the life they offered of quiet slavery. We are willing to sacrifice everything for the greater good, and we have. You each have an opportunity to make it worth it. Join together, now. Right here in front of everyone.

We sacrificed everything, sacrifice your pride. You are both at fault, we all are. Put it behind you, or Corbyn's betrayal will kill us in the end.

But if you choose this man's solution and kill each other, I swear on my daughter's spirit, I will kill you both myself, or die trying."
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Loud enough so that all can hear, but clearly directed at Korrigan:

"I think maybe you should leave them to their own methods for resolving this. Those of us who were not there have little to no say as to what actually happened that night, and they are going to have to deal with this on their own. It may come down steel in the end but it does not need to be encouraged, especially by non-Havenites such as ourselves."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Korrigan, While steel is normal is many places, it is my hope that in this place, violence is the last resort.

As many have said, this argument is pointless. As such is it is time to look to the future. To the building of a new place to live, and the continued search for a home for everyone. " Abaddon says. He stops and looks at Ren.
"I see that they let anyone here. I am surprised that you would come here. Servant of Chaos. Killer. forsaker, and child of lies. If I were not oathbound to protect all of the Valkyn'vi, I would.......well. That is a story for another time. You will screw up oath-breaker, and when you do, I will be waiting for you Ren. " Abaddon spits on the ground through painted lips and crosses his arms.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Slowly turns to Abaddon, and looks him up and down, his eyes cold with anger, a small smile on his lips**
"Your words are feeble vegabond, and their threats empty. Pray I don't take them more seriously. Until then, I have no qualms with you sir, just don't get in my way."
**Turns back to Ingram and Atrum.**
"So what will it be gentlemen? Will you kill each other and leave these people to the likes of Abaddon, and I? Or will you accept each other for the good men that you are and lead us to our rightful place in Phanterra's history?"
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark walks out of the woods clearly tired and weary, hes been on a long trip.
"I put my money on Atrum!"
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan holds his hands out, again agape at what's transpiring before him with Ren and Abaddon*

"Do you see? Do you goddamn see? For all your limp-wristed sissy-ass talk about peace and non-violence, you people are tearing each other apart! Are you even men? I guarantee anyone who threatens me like that and tries to walk away better expect to do so with my sword in his ass!"

*Throws his hand down, clearly flabbergasted.*

"Abaddon, you talk about not wanting to use steel, and then level threats against this Ren guy that all but guarantee it! The kind on non-violence you're talking about is nothing but cowardice. It's practised by weak men, unwilling or unable to confront people in the open, who instead have to scuttle about like rats. Rats poison everything they touch, they bring a disease that rots from within, and that sure as hell seems to be what happened to your precious little town."

"Mohdri, isn't it? Here's an important question, who are the Havenites? Are they the people who live in Haven? Because these assholes sure don't look Elven enough to be Havenites. They look like a bunch of whipped dogs unable to stand up to each other, much less the Elves! Clearly, their "own methods" have been SO successful at promoting peace and understanding. Bullshit! Step the hell up and find a way to settle this like men!"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As the men argue between them, Esmerelda looks abashedly from one side to the other. A range of emotion flickers quickly over her face as each man steps up, saying his piece and drawing lines. Finally, with Ark's ill timed comment, her efforts to remain impartial in the disputes shatter.

"ENOUGH! You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Yes, Mohdri, Korrigan may not have survived the night of hell that some of us did, but he is more correct in his comments than anyone else here. You are all behaving like children! Worse! Do you see those boys over there?" She gestures to a group of children working together to build a fort in the snow, mirroring the construction of the keep. "This morning I caught them all in a squabble, trying to see who could piss a bigger line in the snow. Yet now they work together to build something for the betterment of all. At least THEY can put their differences behind them.

"ALL of us were to blame at what happened at Haven with Corbyn. No one goes blameless. Accept it and move on. We need to stand unified or Corbyn does win the battle and the war. It lack of cooperation that brought us all to this sorry state. Will it be our downfall now before we even begin to put ourselves back together? I hope with all my heart that it will not. And yes, beyond all depsair, I must still hope. I lost half of my very being in that town, yet I refuse to let Corbyn win! I cannot!" She sweeps all the men assembled with a firce stare. "Hate each other in private all you wish. If you must, finish it with steel. But for the sake of all who have traveled here, do not let your animosity destroy hope here before it has even begun."

Tears in her pleading eyes, she searched them out one by one to meet their gazes. "I belive in each and every one of you. You have all done wonderful things to help out the people. Do not let our common cause become lost amongst our differences. Our diversity can make us stronger, it does not have to split us apart...."

With one last vilent thump at the pot of laundry, she stalks off to engage the children in a snowball fight.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*As Mohdri looks in Aurora's direction he will see a look, a look he hasn't every seen in her eyes, but a look that will remind him more and more of her grandmother. One of total disgust as to what is going on before her and one of a cat about ready to pounce if things should come down to blows to protect the individual present who does not have a weapon on her.*

*She turns around and heads off to the snowball fight. She looks at Mohdri as if she wants to say more about the situation but is still trying to politely bite her tongue.*
Last edited by Aurora on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman