Caldonia

GM_Chris
GM

Caldonia

Post by GM_Chris »

JUST an FYI

I noticed that we never described the scene of Caldonia so I want to get that to all of you as soon as possible. I would try and not get too deep with how this place will look until we get you some onfo.

One thing to understand is that Caldonia will be a place that is in much worse shape than Haven.

The point of the originaly created world is that Haven has all of the best fields and is in a sense the best place to survive. It has been several years since the cataclysm so obviously other people and other places have risen out of the ruble, but Caldonia is a much different place.

The GM's will talk and hopefully have a description for you. We will also work on getting some general lore about Caldonia on the home page as quick as possible.

Sorry if this causes any issues with current RP.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Caldonia

Post by Torakhan »

GM_Chris wrote:...One thing to understand is that Caldonia will be a place that is in much worse shape than Haven.
This is my take... it is NOT canon, but it's the picture in my mind.

What may have once been a grand kingdom has fallen to ruins both in the physical and social sence. The rubble of stone buildings have been strewn through the abandoned streets from war, scavaging and whatever other monstrosities have taken refuge within its quarters since the cataclysm and before. Any building that may still have a mostly-intact roof is a prized fortress in a lonesome and grueling sub-society that was once the great kingdom of Caldonia.
The fallen towers of the King of Caldonia can be seen above the risen trees that obscure the courtyards, penetrating the broken windows and wrenching mansonry with their tangling roots.
Just outside of this tangled corpse of a city lies the meger beginnings of civilization that mostly consists of tents and simple buildings that house what few have come together for safety and aid to one another. Amidst this heap of brief hope are the "survivors" of what was once Haven.

From scafolding and weary workers that have gathered rises the first permenant structure in the shadow of the city of Caldonia.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer