List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Erik, that is kinda what I was thinking.

On the other hand if people feel strongly about it then well I guess I dont care.

What has been weirding me out is how we have a life scale that goes from +10 life to -100 life, and yet we are suppose to be a minimalist system.

We do have some dramatic healing moments in our system though. I do likey
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

What has been weirding me out is how we have a life scale that goes from +10 life to -100 life, and yet we are suppose to be a minimalist system.
We also have a common single attack that does 30 damage.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I was joking. I personally prefer the one life for one chip system that Wayne proposed, which was WayneO version 496.2 B. I think it is more intuitive than one chip and heal 15 and involves far less math, requires less rules changes, etc.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I am lost on this proposed idea.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

the problem there is it keeps the variable life healed per chip system which is a bad thing.

And just changing a few skills allows for the same mistakes that have been made to be made in the future. It's better to protect yourself from yourself, since you will forget these things later.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I think we should go with -9 to max life, anyone can heal with any combination of skills, potions, spells, etc.

Below -10, the only skill that can be used is surgery. Potions CANNOT be used unless otherwise stated on the potion. Surgery heals 10 points plus 10 per chip drawn. Takes one minute in between each chip draw. If the surgery is interupted, the patient dies. Patient stops bleeding to death once surgery is started. If surgery does not bring the patient above -9, the patient dies. The patient starts bleeding to death again once the surgery is ended if they are above -9 but not yet at zero.

This system seems to be simple, has minimal rule changes, and is close to both eric and chris' systems.
That's the system I like, just so everyone knows what I am talking about, though I didn't realize the 10 points per chip thing. I don't really like that, I like 1 for 1. It's not variable if no potions can be used
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Man, I gone one day and you guy's solve the issue. It must be me :D

I really like Wayne's idea. But I think that mystic heal should not added into surgery. I can see another skill, but not mystic heal. I see the surgeon healing the person to -9, than using mystic heal and first aid to bring them up full. The true power of mystic heal is it is instaneous. Think about this, a person with mystic heal can bring a warrior from -9 to 10 life in a couple sec's flat. That is some very powerful mo-jo.

Leave the deep negatives to healer, where it should be!

Man, the system is simple, but alows for new skills to be added in.

My hat is tipped to you Wayne :D
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

After talking to Mike, and knowing what he's talking about I could go for Wayne's idea but with a modified life per chip draw. Mike suggests 1 for 1 which would be a max of -30 being death. 2 to 5 for 1 might go over better with the player base and then next year maybe drop it down.

All in all, I think we got something good.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

with multiple surgeons and super healer bags, the cap goes up a bit, but I think that's a good number. As Phil said, if you are at 0 and are hit with a 30 boom, you probably shouldn't come back from that.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

true. So let's see 9 + 10 + 14 + 14 + 14...

So max negs would be -61. Of course, your chances of survival are less than 1%...
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I have to agree with Mike. Lets make it 1 for 1.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

1 to 1 is fine with me, just be prepared for a lot of grumbling. :)
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

i to 1 works for me also! It hurts if you go past -19 for sure!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I am laughing a little inside.
Chris
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Quick, lock this topic before more suggestions arise!!!
GLOMP!