Regeneration Skill

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Regeneration Skill

Post by General Maximus »

Regeneration is one of the most underpowder skills in the game. It is a racial ability and cost 20 points if you are savage

1. It can not be used on others
2. Can not be used when in combat or doing any streneous activity
3. It only regenerates a small amount of life

The biggest bonus it can be used while walking and talking

Now compare that to first aid and healing which only cost 40 points which any body can get.

1. can heal negative life and give a person another minute in negatives
2. can heal all a person life in 4 minutes
3. can be used on self and others

The only negative is you must stay in one spot for 4 minutes

To get in more in line with other skills in game, I would like to make a sugestion. Change regeneration so you get the life back in 1 minute instead of 5. This means a full warrior can get all there life back in 4 minutes if they are gavin. If they are a gavin barb, they can get all their life back in 3 minutes.
Or keep the 5 minutes and increase the amount of life they get back. Say Gavin gets 7 life back and barb gets 5 life back. You take both and you can be back to full life in 5 minutes. So if you concentrate on regeneration you can repop your combat reflex and life in 5 minutes, but will not help another person like healing can. It sound more in line what regeneration should be.

What do people think.
Healing is still better because it heals negatives, is faster to full life, and can be used on others, and only takes 40 points
Where regneration takes a race, to be savage, and 20 points and can onlybe used on self. I thik if a person takes rengertion route, they should be comsensated for it.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Here is another idea for regeneration

Regeneration:
Regenerate 5 Life Points every 5 minutes. The effects of this boon are cumulative with other regeneration effects. This skill is always active and will contuine to work if the person is in combat, talikng, running or useing skills. Note that while regenerating, ....... can also recover any lost armor points granted through combat reflexes.

Gavin grant 5 life points
barb grants 3 life points
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Regeneration provides yet another tactical aspect for healers to consider when dealing with the wounded. Should I heal the guy who can regenerate and get him up to full quicker, or should I heal these other people? Will the regenerator be up to full by the time I’m done with the others? Who would better serve us by getting back out there sooner?

Slisk was granted a breastplate early on that granted him an additional 2 points every five minutes, and that seemed pretty nice. It’d take 15 minutes for Slisk to reach full health from 0 – which I think improved the tactical decision-making of the healers. A 3 health per 5 minute rate seemed too low to be taken into consideration when determining healing order. At 5 per 5, it seemed a definite factor.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

It is my feeling, If a person invest into regenration, a healer should never have to worry about them unless they are in neagtives.

Right now mechanicaly, there is no reason to take regen, because healing so so much better. I don't think regen should be as good as helaing, but should be close. And right now, it isn't
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Regen with mediate combo is good and definitly the premier combo better than healing.

if you do not have that combo then healing is faster (since you can heal yourself)

and you can heal others.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Mediate only comes into play if you are a race with regen ability. There are no common skills that grant you regeneration. And while you are healing as a monk, a lone person can easly cut your throat. It's not that big of a bonus.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

True, but as it turns out it is pretty powerful. Doug tried it and it worked well.
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

It allows a person who has regeneration to not worry about finding a healer or staying in one spot. I know I've had a decent time with regeneration. Especially when all of the healers or people with the healing skill were busy.

It's better by far than the normal wait time for healing without a healer. And once again, I feel that disciplines shouldn't equal the power of path skills.
Last edited by Andian on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Don't get me wrong, regen is much better than standard wait time, but the bonus for the amount of investiment when compared to the healing skill is majorly lacking. That is why I'm sugesting an increase int he number of life gained or a minor change.

With the suggested changes, can any one find a break? I personaly cannot and feel it is more in line with the power of healing with healing still being better.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

What if we drop the concept of gaining single life points and say you regain half of your life total in five minutes and all in ten. If you have the regen ability twice it is Full in five and half in 2:30. If you have it three times it is Full in 2:30 and half in 1:45.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I like that one, but after some thought, you can not be regenrating while using skills or in combat. It is not as good healer, but much better than it was.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Weird Idea.

What if regenerate only worked in the negatives. maybe up to negative 10?
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

General Maximus wrote:I like that one, but after some thought, you can not be regenrating while using skills or in combat. It is not as good healer, but much better than it was.
You cant heal while in combat or using other skills AND regen is half of the point cost of healing.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Wayne's idea sounds great to me - certainly adds a factor to healer tactics. might be a little too powerful, though. IMHO, utilizing a healer should always be the preferred method of getting your health back. Promotes group dynamics.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The majority of the people will not have regen those who have it should not be as relient on healers that is their ability.

As for the working in neg thing..well I think it should. Unfortunatly you will die before your 1 minute is up.
Chris