Mass Heal

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

yah, i definitely see your point.

no good way with out dropping the time on basic heal.
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

All the other ones stack. All the stacking ones increase time.
Untrue, currently the druid healer combo ELIMINATES the casting time.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

maybe add grandualare control.

You can either mass heal up to 3 people in 4 minutes,

OR you can heal 1 person 2 LPs a minute.

or heal one person in 3 minutes rather than 4.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Nah, look at it like this. The master can handle a bunch of situations at one time, the neophyte can't, they have to focus on one person. The task will take the same amount of time, but the master can handle 3 of them. like that guy that plays a bunch of chess matches at the same time, the matches don't neccesarily take more or less time individually, but he can play multiple matches. Or the guy that works a production line. The new guy has to stay at his machine and focus on just doing that one thing, the old pro can do his job, and fill in for the guy next to him while he takes a smoke break or goes to the bathroom.

And the skill doesn't nerf the heal skill, it gives you the option to heal multiple people at one time, which is very different than the heal skill. If we start changing every rule because in one way to look at it there should be a difference then I could go through the book and make some argument to change atleast 1/3 of the skills.

Personally I think all the skills should be 5, 15 and 30 seconds and 1, 4 or 5 minutes. Just about every skill in the game is one of those times, it makes things less complex, it gives standardization. The only skill that does anything in part of it's time is heal, it can do half in half the time, which is enough of a stray from standardization, it's already unique in the game, no need to make it more so just because one way of looking at the mchanics says it should. There's also no need to change it "for strategy" that's bunk, you have strategy options, start healing the person in front of you right now or wait for more people to come and do a circle, and you can't tell me that 10-30 seconds in a battle don't make a difference. Twice I've died because of 1-30 seconds. As well as getting people up to half on different parts of the battlefield.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

FYI, dropping healing down to 2 minutes is a very bad idea since it's a skill every character can have.

The fact that master level healing overwrites regular healing isn't really that big of a deal. Healing itself is a great skill for any non-healer.

I mean the only way to make it fit more would be to up mass heal to 5 minutes, but I don't really see the point. Roleplaying wise, it adds nothing and mechanics wise it does nothing. Sure it might add a bit of strategy to using healing but the healer has to deal with bleeding out, poisons and diseases when deciding what to do so there is plenty of strategy there already. The path has some complex decisions to make already comparably to the other paths, making it worse just will ultimately prove that people suck at math.

And for note, there is another skill that works like this: Pick Locks. Once you have complex, simple is never needed again.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I have not read all the way through this, so this may have already been brought up and shot down.. but how about something like adding a little something to Mass Heal where if you have Mass Heal but focus all your attention on one character.. you can 1/2 the time required to Heal an individual.. so half in 1 min. and full in 2 min.

although I was hoping to add something like this into the character advancement ideas for higher level characters.. things like picking specific skills that your character is better at than a lower level of the same type..
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Untrue, currently the druid healer combo ELIMINATES the casting time.
Since the ability is Mystic heal, not just being druid, and that comes from communing with a totem creature (unicorn, pheonix, etc.) there is an added time to the initial ability to use the skill. The benefit arises from not haveing to charge the skill each time thereafter. A druid can't be using deflect missles to run up to a fallen comrade, then instantly switch to mystic heal. (monk abilty not-withstanding)

Healer Paladin on the other hand....
GLOMP!