Savage Clarification

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Savage Clarification

Post by Malphus »

I know it has been done to death, but I still need clarification on the different lifestyles. A large benefit of this game is that as long as mechanics don't change, a skill/ability can be manifested however the player sees fit. There is a very wide allowance for role-playing, unlike some more defined games. The drawback of that is when somebody needs definition, he can't find it because if you ask three people, you'll get three answers and they'll all be right.

my question:

Does Primitive=Savage? Can a person come from a culture that is a lesser "tech level" than the common Haven level and still be of any of the three lifestyles, or for all intensive purposes, is the character Savage?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The 3 life styles are realative to the culture you are in.

This means that a privledged orc who gows up in orc society would look different that a privledged orc who grew up within the world on a human royal court which would act different still than a privledged human who grew up in a human royal court.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

OK. I follow the disparity with the races, but what about same race? For example:

There are two tribes of Tsintaur, Klatu and Pivo. Are there savage Pivo? Are there Priveleged Klatu? Both the same race, but come from very different cultures.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

As in the example about the answer is yes since it is realative to the culture you are in.

For example: Primitive african tribe can have those in the tribe that are "privledged" and those that are "savage" even though the "privledged" primitive african probably looks savage to a common American.

In America I would label some people as savage, but our savage probably looks alot different than a savage bushman
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

thanks,

that clears it up
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

So in a dense large city setting someone living off the streets and with no home basically starving all the time could be savage?
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Correct. A "Street Urchin" or homeless in an urban setting would be considered savage
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Thank you! :)
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?