Lore...thoughts?

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Thank you for repeating what was told to you by other players. As Steve pointed out, not everyone uses the boards, and it was frustrating to me to keep hearing that other people did not like the play test without any testimony to back things up. Tell Hannah she was a lot more helpful than she thought. She willingly pulled out her information when we were working together on trying to puzzle out the prophecy and it helped click a couple things in place for Esmerelda who happens to be involved on the plot she got the hint for. I just never got a chance to go back and discuss it with her because by the time Esmerelda would have had free time, I fell asleep out of game and then the elves attacked and well, we all know what happened next.
I also think we all need to keep in mind that going into this event it was stated that it was not going to be a heavy Sage event anyway. Any sage that was on a plot already could have gotten a hint when they were "out in the field" as it were. This doesn't cut that sages power ability at all. The only thing it cuts down on are people coming back into town saying "Hey, we found this! Can you look into it for us?" and having the sages go to NPC camp to get more info on said person/ place/ thing. I will fully admit, going into last event I did not think I was going to like the new way at all. Not being big into combat, staying behind at the fort and looking into things while my brother and friends adventured was a big part of what Esmerelda did. Take away the ability to Sage stuff for her when needed and I didn't think there was going to be a lot for me to do. But this last event was one of my favortire so far, so I don't think not being able to go to NPC camp took anything away from my character. Maybe it would have made a bigger difference if this had been an event where more of the "traditonal" method of sage hints would have come up. It's hard to say.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Okay, so I'm totally a CHARMED fan, (I'd love to see alchemists brewing vanquishing potions) and I think a Book of Shadows rip-off would be a decent mechanic for the game-on hints should that be the path FH chooses to go. They are each given a hint at game-on to represent something the 'just so happen to remember' from some mystical source they were pouring themselves over.

The other hints they get in-game could then be roleplayed per character design. It's just a mechanic that might allow game-on hints to work without compremising RP. (And those sisters always happen to just flip to the exact page that describes the demon they know nothing about, nifty that book)

Now, I just need to get the GMs to let me call a blind gamestop, move around town doing whatever I want, and then call game-on. Oh Piper....
GLOMP!